Office Depot
2.9 of 5 1,183 reviews
www.officedepot.com Boca Raton, FL 5000+ Employees

Used to be an excellent company to work for...

Technology Specialist (Current Employee)
Tulsa, OK (US)

I have been working at Office Depot part-time for more than 3 years

ProsFor a retail sales associate position, my pay was adequate. Under the company's current policies, though it is very rare that sales associates become eligible to earn commission, when we do, it is a nice bonus.

ConsOffice Depot's new customer service program known as "ISCE" is nothing more than a dog and pony show for upper level managers to listen to in the store parking lot. (ISCE requires unnecessary radio communication, and hinders the associate's ability to focus on the customer.) While ISCE brought about some good ideas, the execution was very poor...

The company's problem resolution process is also completely broken. If you have an issue with your manager, there is nothing in place to prevent them from retaliating against you if you dare report their illegal behavior. I personally witnessed a pregnant employee get harassed each day she came to work, when she reported the behavior, they terminated her before the management could be punished.

I've worked for the same store for 4 years, and I have never seen a single internal promotion. Management frequently gets shuffled around making it difficult to develop steady working relationships.

Advice to Senior ManagementLets stop playing games with the radios, and lets get back to doing what we used to de best: Taking Care of Business. Also, promote from within!

Good job, but wont pay the bills

Copy and Print Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Office Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great way to learn new skills, great people to work with,… Cons: The pay is extremely low, chance at being promoted is almost nonexistent, small chance at getting any commission. As a copy and print specialist I… Advice to Senior Management: Allow the store managers to do their jobs. There are quite a few who have more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to learn about ink/printers/paper supplies

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Office Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros: Currently changed their retail approach. Cons: Harder to work up in the chain, understaffed, underpaid/overworked staff No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Office Depot.

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Office Depot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Office Depot CEO Roland C. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Office Depot employees.