Office Depot

www.officedepot.com
  www.officedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Used to be an excellent company to work for...

Current Employee - Technology Specialist in Tulsa, OK (US)
Current Employee - Technology Specialist in Tulsa, OK (US)

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For a retail sales associate position, my pay was adequate. Under the company's current policies, though it is very rare that sales associates become eligible to earn commission, when we do, it is a nice bonus.

Cons

Office Depot's new customer service program known as "ISCE" is nothing more than a dog and pony show for upper level managers to listen to in the store parking lot. (ISCE requires unnecessary radio communication, and hinders the associate's ability to focus on the customer.) While ISCE brought about some good ideas, the execution was very poor...

The company's problem resolution process is also completely broken. If you have an issue with your manager, there is nothing in place to prevent them from retaliating against you if you dare report their illegal behavior. I personally witnessed a pregnant employee get harassed each day she came to work, when she reported the behavior, they terminated her before the management could be punished.

I've worked for the same store for 4 years, and I have never seen a single internal promotion. Management frequently gets shuffled around making it difficult to develop steady working relationships.

Lets stop playing games with the radios, and lets get back to doing what we used to de best: Taking Care of Business. Also, promote from within!

1493 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Management is really bad!!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate I in Richmond, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate I in Richmond, TX (US)

I worked at Office Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There was really no pros for working at office depot I worked in the copy and print department and when the cashiers didn't feel the need to check out the managers would look the other way while I handled my customers as well as checking customers out which clearly was not my job.

Cons

The management is so bad there even when the store had major screwups on orders the employees had to take care of it because the managers were to lazy to do anything half of the time. They never give you a raise I had to grill them to get mine and even then the only reason they gave it to me was because I was one of the only people that knew how to work my department. Also the time I was there I did the managers job half of the time because they would disappear to back.

No words can describe how bad the management really is there so that should tell you how horrible this company is.

The Review is the best

Former Employee - Territory Development Manager in Burbank, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Territory Development Manager in Burbank, CA (US)

I worked at Office Depot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company Check it out...you will love it. Has a lot to offer

Cons

No Cons...just check it out for yourself

Great company Check it out...you will love it. Has a lot to offer