There are newer employer reviews for Ontraport

A awesomely funtime for the nerds

Current Employee - Ontraport Engineer  in  Santa Barbara, CA (US)
Current Employee - Ontraport Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I have been working at Ontraport

Pros

First let me talk about the engineering team.. WOW

This is one of the best places I have ever worked, the engineering team is built on collaboration and melting pot of viewpoints. The motto here is the best idea wins.

Another huge perk is the pace of the projects and the fact that there is not much red tape to get ideas or projects implemented. The team is also always willing to experiment with new technologies and assess its benefits to the software; sharing ideas and building proof of concepts is definitely encouraged.

Other aspects of the company that are great are the benefits; Catered Meals, Health, Dental, Vision, Gym, Sponserships for kickball and happy hour, Ski Trip, Camping Trips.

The culture as a whole is really about working hard, respect the clients and coworkers and having a good time.

Cons

The only downside I can think of right now is that there is not enough time/engineers to implement all the great ideas that could make the software we're working on even better.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Ontraport (View Most Recent)

It's been a great spot to learn and grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Barbara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I have been working at Ontraport

Pros

Ontraport is an amazing community of great people. At times it feels like we are one big family, which gives us a huge advantage when working on projects as a team.

Cons

Due to the start up nature of the company it seems that similar positions at other companies would get payed more, but the amazing atmosphere and people make up for it.

Keep up the positive vibes and transparent nature.

Learning valuable marketing and PR skills preparing me for a full-time job

Current Employee - Marketing/PR Intern  in  Santa Barbara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing/PR Intern in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I have been working at Ontraport

Pros

-This internship is extremely organized and structured. If you're the type of person who doesn't want to be sitting around not knowing what to do, this internship will keep you very busy! Every time you intern there will be 'assignment' like projects to do as well as being a helping hand in the office. Unlike many other internships you won't feel like a burden constantly asking people if they need help with anything.
    -There are free lunches everyday and a room filled with snacks, yum!
    -Gourmet coffee machine- do I need to say more
    -The office is beautiful and has amazing ocean views and is right next to the Santa Barbara Mission
    -The team is very friendly, young and make the work environment fun.
    -You will learn A LOT and receive 'real life' experience. I know the assignments I have completed here will truly be helpful at my next job, plus I always have so much to talk about in an interview when discussing my time here.

Cons

-The internship is unpaid.
    -About 30 minutes from UC Santa Barbara (where most of the interns go to school), a little bit of a uphill drive and they do not compensate for gas.
    -About 12 hours a week (pro/ con)

There are newer employer reviews for Ontraport

Worked for Ontraport? Contribute to the Community!