There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Challenging, good pay good work life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Broomfield, CO (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO (US)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sensible work hours compared to last job -- work 50 hrs week compared to 70. This is due to having more people supporting you with your tasks. Next, I value working with colleagues all over the globe. I'm home assigned which works great. Manager treats as adults in that no questions asked or bother if you're professionally competent do a good job. If you go above and beyond with your work you get raises and are supported by managment. Finally, Oracle knows how to monitize on products and sevices. This is a plus as I have not had to deal with constant layoffs like at my previous company.

Cons

Raises amounts could be higher. The culture differs based on where you are at. California HQ is pretty dull, whereas the old Sun Microsystems campus in Colorado is much more interactive with brigher facilities and staff events.

Company needs to start hiring young talent to serve as base for next generation or Oracle and to inject fresh modern ideas. Company needs to put more into culture and people with campus events and facilites with better teaming areas.

5672 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

A great university; but reorgs galore!

Former Employee - Group Manager  in  Redwood City, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Group Manager in Redwood City, CA (US)

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A great university to work at: multiple divisions, groups and technologies all in one company: you can pick multiple hardware, software, application domains.

Cons

Reorgs and politics! Once you get into management, you tend to get sucked into the management politics! you never know who will be your manager next. Compensation is ok. But very little focus on employee engagement, training etc

Become nimble and quick while being a large company or get eaten eaten up!

Good Environment

Former Employee - Staff Consultant
    Former Employee - Staff Consultant

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good environment to work and the managers were so friendly.

Cons

Salary was fine when joined but the next compensation was not great.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!