Oracle
3.3 of 5 4,767 reviews
www.oracle.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Oracle Direct: Be Cautious and Look Before You Leap

Oracle Direct Account Manager (Former Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Oracle for more than a year

ProsThe benefits of working at Oracle are many: Great resume builder, outstanding training, and gaining exposure to a very solid product portfolio. The pay is pretty decent, as are the benefits. After spending a year there, you will have the opportunity to move on outside the company, but the chances of moving up internally are few and far in between.

ConsThe work environment is extremely intense and often turns reasonable people into jerks - yelling and intimidation is common at the end of each quarter. Many seasoned, experienced employees leave due to the unreasonable amount of stress that exists as a result of too many VP's who constantly try to justify their existence and create a contentious relationship with the field AND customers. The prevailing view is that it's OK to frustrate and anger a customer, so long as the revenue is delivered.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and ask yourself why there are so many VP's in OD? Why is the turnover so high? Why do you put ridiculous amounts of pressure on the first line managers? Why is HR constantly getting involved with this organization? If those questions are answered honestly, you are on the path to fixing the problems. Talk is cheap, but actions are not....

Former StorageTek equipment. Company squashed good technologies and ostracized them self from customers.

Senior Field Service Engineer III (Current Employee)
Gaithersburg, MD (US)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flex able time. Health and 401k contributions good. Cons: No experience in running a hardware company. Trying to deploy software customer service practices in hardware data centers Lack of understanding critical customer requirements. Respoce… Advice to Senior Management: Let the proven practices of StorageTek and Sun run the hardware side,Oracle has lost too many customer to ignorance unwillingness to work with customers. Customer… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fat Middle Management

Senior Principal Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: It is a good company if you do not have… Cons: Too many directors do nothing in the company. A person not fit to rate any one does the annual rating. No raises from past… Advice to Senior Management: Eliminate fat middle layer and have performers to be rated the way they should be.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.