Orbitz Worldwide

www.orbitz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Good so far

Current Employee - Technology in Chicago, IL (US)
Current Employee - Technology in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Seems like everyone I work with enjoys being there, no real disgruntled employees that I have come across. Everyone so far has been a pleasure to work with and a positive vibe. Let's be honest that really what makes or breaks a job is the people you work with.

Great office, nice location.

Compensation is on par with competitors.

Cons

A little too software happy, you have to log any vacation or time off twice in separate systems. Stupid red tape with dealing with issues like getting locked out of machine or hardware stuff.

You must submit your hours weekly (Replicon).

No personal mail of any kind allowed, which I have never encountered before any any company. It's not critical but every now and then there may be a package that you have to have delivered at work, but that wont happen here.

No 401k match for the entire first year, another first experience for me and a surprise given the size of the company.

PTO is on the stingy side, 12 days of vacation a year.

Ease up on the personal mail, we spend the majority of our week in the office...at least let us pick up important deliveries from the mail room, you dont have to deliver it. Remove redundancy from employee tools, kill replicon.

410 Other Employee Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Excellent senior leadership, lots of exciting innovation and wide range of career opportunities

Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- very strong senior leadership team - deep travel and technology expertise
    - wide range of career opportunities across departments, businesses, geographies
    - open to new ideas and innovation across all levels of of the company
    - lots of upside as company continues to grow
    - Lots of very smart people, with everyone very friendly and approachable

Cons

- Uphill battle against 2 much bigger companies in a very competitive market
    - Businesses all run fairly independently

- Allow more people to move into international roles
    - Provide more routine updates on company performance

Great work + great people = great place to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Orbitz is an innovative company with a great culture. There are a lot of opportunities to grow a career here and develop both personally and professionally; the company really supports learning and development. There are also many opportunities to connect with coworkers. With so many people in one building, it can be hard to get to know everyone, but there are regular activities to get people from different areas of the company together to interact and get to know one another. If you want to work with smart people and have fun while working on challenging assignments, this is the place to be. I mean, with a foosball table in the lunchroom, what's not to love?

Cons

The work is demanding and will challenge you on a daily basis. I don't consider that to be a con, but if you're looking for something easy where you can fly under the radar, Orbitz isn't for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide