Orbitz Worldwide

www.orbitz.com
  www.orbitz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Good so far

Current Employee - Technology  in  Chicago, IL (US)
Current Employee - Technology in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Seems like everyone I work with enjoys being there, no real disgruntled employees that I have come across. Everyone so far has been a pleasure to work with and a positive vibe. Let's be honest that really what makes or breaks a job is the people you work with.

Great office, nice location.

Compensation is on par with competitors.

Cons

A little too software happy, you have to log any vacation or time off twice in separate systems. Stupid red tape with dealing with issues like getting locked out of machine or hardware stuff.

You must submit your hours weekly (Replicon).

No personal mail of any kind allowed, which I have never encountered before any any company. It's not critical but every now and then there may be a package that you have to have delivered at work, but that wont happen here.

No 401k match for the entire first year, another first experience for me and a surprise given the size of the company.

PTO is on the stingy side, 12 days of vacation a year.

Ease up on the personal mail, we spend the majority of our week in the office...at least let us pick up important deliveries from the mail room, you dont have to deliver it. Remove redundancy from employee tools, kill replicon.

337 Other Employee Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Great work + great people = great place to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Orbitz is an innovative company with a great culture. There are a lot of opportunities to grow a career here and develop both personally and professionally; the company really supports learning and development. There are also many opportunities to connect with coworkers. With so many people in one building, it can be hard to get to know everyone, but there are regular activities to get people from different areas of the company together to interact and get to know one another. If you want to work with smart people and have fun while working on challenging assignments, this is the place to be. I mean, with a foosball table in the lunchroom, what's not to love?

Cons

The work is demanding and will challenge you on a daily basis. I don't consider that to be a con, but if you're looking for something easy where you can fly under the radar, Orbitz isn't for you.

Great things happening at Orbitz

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been at Orbitz for a few years and I am continually impressed by the quality of the people here and their passion for the business. We are making good progress in the key areas laid out by the leadership team and we are beginning to see the payoff, particularly in areas like Mobile. The leadership team is approachable and Orbitz is a pretty flat structure meaning it's easy to get your ideas heard.

Cons

Orbitz has fewer people than some of our larger competitors, but just as much to get done. It means everyone has a lot on their plate and so it's hard to do everything.

There are a lot of things happening and people are pulled in a lot of directions - clarifying what is truly important to help people focus would be a huge help.

There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Worked for Orbitz Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!