Orbitz Worldwide

www.orbitz.com
  www.orbitz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Good so far

Current Employee - Technology in Chicago, IL (US)
Current Employee - Technology in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Seems like everyone I work with enjoys being there, no real disgruntled employees that I have come across. Everyone so far has been a pleasure to work with and a positive vibe. Let's be honest that really what makes or breaks a job is the people you work with.

Great office, nice location.

Compensation is on par with competitors.

Cons

A little too software happy, you have to log any vacation or time off twice in separate systems. Stupid red tape with dealing with issues like getting locked out of machine or hardware stuff.

You must submit your hours weekly (Replicon).

No personal mail of any kind allowed, which I have never encountered before any any company. It's not critical but every now and then there may be a package that you have to have delivered at work, but that wont happen here.

No 401k match for the entire first year, another first experience for me and a surprise given the size of the company.

PTO is on the stingy side, 12 days of vacation a year.

Ease up on the personal mail, we spend the majority of our week in the office...at least let us pick up important deliveries from the mail room, you dont have to deliver it. Remove redundancy from employee tools, kill replicon.

391 Other Employee Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Orbitz continues to offer me opportunities to grow my career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hard work pays off. Orbitz has yet to disappoint me in terms of offering me more responsibility and opportunities to grow. I feel that my boss and the leadership team are invested in me. There are a lot of passionate people at this company. Passionate about the work we do, about technology, about helping other people. The people are another big part of the reason that I have stayed here.

Cons

We try to do too much. Being a full service OTA with numerous brands makes it difficult to focus.

Improve benefits to be more competitive with technology companies out west and back east.

Great people, great industry, great tech - always a new challenge and opportunity to lead and learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is rare you can work at a company that gets to build products for an industry (travel) that is changing as much as it has in the past few years. With the advent of mobile, consumers are traveling in totally different ways and Orbitz is a great place to apply cutting edge technology to these new opportunities. People at Orbitz are smart, very tech savvy, but approachable and willing to learn. Teams genuinely strive to do great work and make a difference in the space. From a ecommerce and mobile commerce perspective - nothing comes close in the Midwest in terms of a place to work that drives this many global transactions and scale.

Cons

The market is competitive and Orbitz hasn't been able yet to really hit its stride. This contrast is drawn sharper by recent competitive wins. Employees are fairly loyal and have been yearning to achieve a breakout year/performance that seems to be just beyond reach. The good news here is that people are genuinely interested in seeing the company and their fellow employees succeed and through their determination/savvy may eventually make it so.

Keep the focus. Build unique and valuable products.

There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide