PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

Fast paced, deadline driven environment combined with helpful, friendly management assist in keeping employees striving.

Operations Senior Specialist (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Pros- 500 Firstside Center, great location to use public transportation to get to work, right next to First Ave. Station
- Great 1 on 1 monthly feedback from management from a performance perspective, concerns with employment, or even interpersonal communication to expand one's network.
- Great many ways upper management finds to recognize and reward employees for consistently performing above expectations in terms of attendance, performance, and productivity. From promotional PNC points awarded to spend in the PNC store, annual employee appreciation week, and many opportunities to choose to work additional hours on holiday pay.

Cons- If you apply for the weekend shift, know that you will be applicable for a weekend differential. PNC provides a small incentive pay to those willing to become weekend warriors.
- Working on your feet 40 hours a week will be tiring for anyone, so be forewarned if you expect to do a lot of cardio with your feet.
- Be prepared to pack your own food for lunch and breaks. Employees currently are not able to combine their 15 minutes break and 30 minutes lunch during a workday. The only fast food restaurants close to the 500 Firstside center location is a Subway <5 minutes walk, everywhere else is at least 10-15 minutes walking distance away. Not helpful when you close the cafeteria on the 5th floor on the weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, but one small con covered in my Cons above. Management has come a long ways from when I started in 2004, and it has taken all the right paths and directions. So much has improved, from directing not 1 supervisor per floor but multiple supervisors per each function, greater interpersonal communication to each individual employee, and finally greater training from more experienced trainers to better acquaint new employees.

Good Company but usually doesn't pay as well as most other companies.

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good Benefits, Very Stable, Takes Care of Employees Cons: Lower than average Salary, Better chance at getting higher… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Highly depends on your manager - Stay the heck out of Retail!

(Current Employee)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great benefits - 401k 4% match plus 3% pension, vacation packages, 6 days sick time, adoption/tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, life and a contribution to… Cons: I recently switched positions from being in the branch (4 1/2 years) to an administrative position on the corporate side. This was THE BEST move… Advice to Senior Management: Review your middle managment personnel, especially the ones with a high rate of employee turnover. There is a reason for this. Pay your branch… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!