PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com
  www.pnc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Fast paced, deadline driven environment combined with helpful, friendly management assist in keeping employees striving.

Current Employee - Operations Senior Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
Current Employee - Operations Senior Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

- 500 Firstside Center, great location to use public transportation to get to work, right next to First Ave. Station
- Great 1 on 1 monthly feedback from management from a performance perspective, concerns with employment, or even interpersonal communication to expand one's network.
- Great many ways upper management finds to recognize and reward employees for consistently performing above expectations in terms of attendance, performance, and productivity. From promotional PNC points awarded to spend in the PNC store, annual employee appreciation week, and many opportunities to choose to work additional hours on holiday pay.

Cons

- If you apply for the weekend shift, know that you will be applicable for a weekend differential. PNC provides a small incentive pay to those willing to become weekend warriors.
- Working on your feet 40 hours a week will be tiring for anyone, so be forewarned if you expect to do a lot of cardio with your feet.
- Be prepared to pack your own food for lunch and breaks. Employees currently are not able to combine their 15 minutes break and 30 minutes lunch during a workday. The only fast food restaurants close to the 500 Firstside center location is a Subway <5 minutes walk, everywhere else is at least 10-15 minutes walking distance away. Not helpful when you close the cafeteria on the 5th floor on the weekends.

None, but one small con covered in my Cons above. Management has come a long ways from when I started in 2004, and it has taken all the right paths and directions. So much has improved, from directing not 1 supervisor per floor but multiple supervisors per each function, greater interpersonal communication to each individual employee, and finally greater training from more experienced trainers to better acquaint new employees.

1216 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

EMPLOYMENT AT PNC BANK

Current Employee - Branch Financial Consultant III in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Branch Financial Consultant III in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

PNC brings job stability, a friendly working environment, and great benefits. PNC offers a good range of products for both consumers and businesses that I felt confident selling.

Cons

There are very little advancement options, even for a top performer. I tried to get into management a few times, but since I had no management experience, I would not be considered for a manager role. When I asked my boss for advice on how to get into management, he offered very little advice and said just keep selling, make your numbers the best they can be.

Consider a management training program for loyal employees with no management experience. Branches should promote from within the company when possible.

Great people, can be fun and fast-moving

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, great people, fast-paced, ever-evolving technology

Cons

You have to work hard; they do not tolerate poor performance. You need to be at the top of your game for anything management related, or in the mid-level professional realms. Metrics drive the business, and you are held accountable. If you are in a large market for them (Ohio or Western PA) the sky is the limit. Otherwise, be willing to relocate to an emerging or larger market.

There seems to be a lot of turnover in the HR Management areas in Pittsburgh. That is very concerning. Hire more direct employees and less contractors. Give more lead time for technology roll-outs and more comprehensive training for the procedure changes. Every time you release massive technology changes, it affects the flow of business. Focus on the employees more. Just because you offer great benefits does not mean it is a cure-all for stress-related morale issues. The pressure is unreal when you are a Corporate employee or even a Contractor anywhere outside of the Branch Operations. I would have stayed (most likely) had I been offered a permanent position, but instead my workload was sent elsewhere, which made absolutely no sense. When faced with losing a high-producing employee, the company chose to let me leave and never countered. I wasn't surprised by that at all, as it rarely ever happens that they try to hold on to people who are good at what they do. It's a great company in a lot of ways, but I think the sheer size of them has become problematic in a lot of ways where the employees are concerned. The culture needs to be examined more closely than it has been before.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group