Short but great experience to learn new things and meet great people

Former Employee - Operations Specialist  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

My coworkers were the best and the employees are as important to the company as the customers are. There were plenty of company sponsored activities for employees. The cafeteria was on site and the food was pretty good.

Cons

In my particular department, I was well into my 90 days before my training started. The pay was not sufficient to the job duties that I performed and my previous experience I had in banking. Security needs to amp it up a lot because the parking lot is huge and the security seems to never leave the building.

Other Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Great company with good management and excellent job security

Current Employee - Solutions Architect  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked for National City briefly before PNC acquired it. The integration went very smoothly and PNC is a great company to work for. Management is very reasonable and the work is engaging.

Cons

There is some disorganization lingering after the integration of National City. Technology is a little behind the times, Windows XP is still the standard desktop after several delays of Windows 7 deployment.

Overworked and underpaid... go figure.

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

Pros

The only pro I can think of at the moment is that it is a job and although the pay is not great, you get paid on time.

Cons

I do the job of 3 different people and do not get paid or acknowledged for it. I have not had a raise in over 2 years. I had vacation time approved for over 2 months to be out for two days in November 2012, and 4 hours before my scheduled vacation, I was told that I could no longer take that vacation because they could not find anyone to cover for me. 4 HOURS!!! I can understand telling me a week ahead of time or something, but 4 hours I feel like I am being run over and it gets very irritating. I am the only teller on the line right now, and have been since we opened at 9:00am this morning. While the 2 other people in the office have been sitting at their desks on personal phone calls and gossiping.

Treat every branch FAIRLY. Stand up for every branch the SAME.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!