Pacific Gas and Electric
www.pge.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Still dysfunctional

IT Analyst (Current Employee)
Fairfield, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood pay, excellent benefits and that's pretty much it.

ConsIT senior directors and middle management are completely dysfunctional. 1) No sense of accountability especially in the ISTS department where trouble tickets would sit for days and only worked on by a few dedicated employees. 2) IT Projects are never planned correctly and ends up being descoped due to lack of funding 3) Codependent relationship between Business and IT with most IT managers being pushed around by Business to meet unreasonable deadlines. 4) Contractors are King with some working for PG&E for years. Employees are expected to work unreasonable overtime and being on-call without being compensated accordingly. 5) Thinking outside the box and showing any initiative are always met with indifference and definitely no recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed major rethinking around accountability, developing a healthy relationship with Business and especially employee retention -- the pay and the benefits are not enough.

Loved job, inconsistent leadership

Substation Maintenance (Former Employee)

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Excellent wages, benefits, steady employment Cons: MId level and higher management too centered on protecting own job to be effective… Advice to Senior Management: Provide genuine direction and support for solutions. Be consistent and utilize proven practices. Stop trying to reinvent the company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company to work for, great benefits and wonderful pay

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Fresno, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric part-time for more than a year

Pros: There are a lot of opportunities to grow within the… Cons: Depending on the position, it may take longer to advance.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Pacific Gas and Electric.

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Gas and Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Gas and Electric CEO Anthony F. Earley Jr.. All reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Gas and Electric employees.