There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Hospital of Long Beach

awesome benefits, cool management, and the Lean program makes it all work.

Current Employee - Web Branding Specialist in Long Beach, CA (US)
Current Employee - Web Branding Specialist in Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are much more than you can ask for - especially the system for sick and vacation days. Pay is pretty competitive. The management is sociable and friendly. They are attentive and generally do what it takes to to help you succeed at your position. Lean is a big part of that. With a very active Lean program, regular employees/line staff can shape how their job is done, improve upon antiquated processes, and make their own work easier and more efficient by creating policies to do just that. That's HUGE. If you've ever worked in a company where you had to do some seemingly pointless, monotonous task over and over and were just like... "why do we have to do it this way? It's taking forever. How dumb!"... you probably had no way around it. With Lean, you are ENCOURAGED to point this type of thing out and, you yourself - the actual person doing the task, can change and improve it however you see fit. In other jobs, you can usually only give suggestions which will often be forgotten or ignored due to the higher ups being too busy to look it over and make changes to the process/policy. Lean allows you to contribute. That makes my job much more personally fulfilling.

Cons

Though there are holiday events going on pretty regularly and the activities committee and other committees do their best to create a pleasant/fun hospital environment, it's not quite Google campus. But, I suppose my perspective is a little skewed because I'm in a tech position and major tech companies like google tend to spend a lot on this type of thing.

I know we're working on it already, but we have to find a better way to include different shifts and campuses in events/activities. Or at least get a better lunch delivery system for to the other campuses.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Hospital of Long Beach (View Most Recent)

Keep on looking for a job...stay away from this hospital

Former Employee - Director in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Director in Long Beach, CA (US)

I worked at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Poor senior leadership
    HR is useless

good clinical work but poor management

Current Employee - Case Manager
    Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach

Pros

clinical work and patient population

Cons

management weak and environment unprofessional

There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Hospital of Long Beach