Pacific Interpreters
www.pacificinterpreters.com Portland, OR 150 to 499 Employees

Only option to work as a contractor

Interpreter (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at Pacific Interpreters

ProsSchedule flexibility, as a contractor you are your own boss, you work when you wnat, though they call you sometimes in the middle of your free time to ask you to log in because they cannot ahndle their call volume, go and figure who is going to say "no" to more money?

ConsThere is no career development, a lot of talk, they say the do train you, but they can't it would be illegal if they did. There is a lot of politics in this place, it is a good gig for the time being. No cost to the interpreter but no gain either...

Advice to Senior ManagementMAke interpreteers employees they you can train us, then you can BS everybody out there.

Don't Work Here

CSA (Current Employee)
Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Pacific Interpreters

Pros: Helping people who need medical care and don't speak English. Cons: Don't bother getting sick and thinking you'll still have a job. Not even a few days with the flu. You won't get any raises even… Advice to Senior Management: Become human. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It is a horrible place to work, a desperation job.

CSA (Current Employee)
Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Pacific Interpreters

Pros: The only good reason I can think of to work… Cons: The pay is bad, so you will have to work massive amounts of overtime, and they will want you to. They will beg and coerce… Advice to Senior Management: Become human and stop treating CSA's like something to be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Pacific Interpreters.

Worked for Pacific Interpreters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Interpreters reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Interpreters CEO Peter Harris. All reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Interpreters employees.