Paycom

www.paycom.com
  www.paycom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Great Company Great Pay

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Vienna, VA (US)
Current Employee - Account Executive in Vienna, VA (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay salary is very competitive coming out of college. It is $50,000 per year plus commission. The company is also very competitive in the industry.

Cons

There are no cons I can think of other then the typical cons of any sales job such as continuous cold calling.

136 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

Working for Paycom, has been an rewarding process, not only as a team, but as an individual as well.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pro's for working for Paycom is that this company gives you the tools in order for you to be successful! Therefore, with their team atmosphere, and team oriented model, a person is bound to be successful from their drive and determination from within!

Cons

As for me, I have not seen any flaws while working at Paycom. This company is well developed, giving one another, advice or help along the way. No job is going to be easy, therefore as a dedicated person who wants to be successful; Paycom is the company for you! The Training, the managers, everything is well developed helping you as person become better by making sure you are equipped with what you need to exceed!

Overall, I believe our management team is excellent! If it was not for them and their advice along the way, it would be hard to really grow as a company unlike we have today. They have set the standards and goals with in each office, giving us as sales representatives the drive and determination we need in order to succeed and be successful within the company.

Please read if you're thinking about joining Paycom

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Base Salary is great
    regional managers are all good!

Cons

First of all I'm not a bitter former employee who got fired. I left on my own terms and was number 1 in my office.

- work hours - expect to be there from 7am till at 530 on office days which are Mon, Tues and Fri. Field days are Wed and Thurs and BE EXPECTED to work from home. They have things that aren't in "selling hours"...for example if you have a business case write which could take an hour or two then do that at home. Research the company you're meeting for the rest of the week at home.

- they ask current reps to write GOOD reviews on here because their turnover rate is bad and for all you candidates that look on here it makes it look like its a great place to work. in my training class of 12 - one year later I was the only one left.

- you end up taking your work home and thinking about it and checking your phone at all hours.

- you're just a number to them - If you're not setting 6 appointments a week with CFOs of companies of 75 employees or more then they're on you're back (which I guess is like any other sales job).

- after you sign a client up you have to do a lot of work. You sell the account, then you have to get all the paperwork, then you have to train everyone.

- Phone canvassing - 4 hours of non stop calling the same people who hung up on you last week every Tuesday and Friday. You will have around 150-175 people that you can call. All of them have been called by the previous Paycom rep.

- they ask you to be "bright and loud" when phone canvasser interviews to come in so it looks like a great company culture.

- Everyone there is young because they hire young people as they know they're willing to put in the hours and the amount of work they throw at you.

Treat people like people, and not just numbers!

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!