Paycom

www.paycom.com
  www.paycom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Not easy, but well worth it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paycom has great compensation all around, and great benefits. Continual education for all employees is essential to the success with Paycom. Every week, they provide the all departments with training. Paycom knows that each employee needs to personally grow, if they are going to grow professionally. Management really does have your back and will go to bat for you when needed. We are continually growing, double in size on average every two years. You have yet to hear layoff and Paycom in the same sentence. It is nice to know that there is stability with the company!

Cons

For Sales Reps - You will work a lot of hours, especially in the beginning, and it is not for the sales rep that just wants to hit quota. You are in charge of the whole sell cycle, so be prepared for cold calling and face to face appointments.
All team members - The department you work in wants to be the best, so the expect every member of the team to work that same mentality. We only hire the best of the best!

Don't jump on problems that need to be looked at 2 or 3 times before reacting.

139 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

Paycom is a great company based in OKC

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycom has a great culture, good benefits, and very pleasant perks. $4 catered lunches give you a good lunch option. Employee health insurance premium is only $1 per bi-weekly pay-period. The gym is great to have around to exercise before or after work, or shoot some hoops or play ping-pong during lunch. The year-end party is a great way to celebrate all of the hard work required for year-end workload.

Cons

Family health insurance is not subsidized by the company, which increases cost drastically.
    Rumors of going public have been tossed around for years now with no definite time frame given by management.
    The year-end party is nice, but it would also be nice to have a year-end bonus to go with it.

Be honest to employees and do anything within reason to reduce voluntary and involuntary turnover. Offer more than just a year-end party in the form of a year-end bonus to share the success of the company with the employees who make Paycom what it is.

A different challenge every day but with hard work and perseverance you will be rewarded

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Opportunity to meet and work with people from different industries and build great relationships
    - Every day is new and different
    - Great team to work with, everyone is uplifting, fun, and positive
    - Compensation plan is amazing with benefits
    -Continued training from the team and upper management
    - Must be willing to compete and put in the work to see the reward
    - Competitive atmosphere, great for former athletes or anyone with that mindset

Cons

- The days can and will be longer than 8-5
    - Because every day is different, there are some days that are more challenging than others
    - Everyone takes a different amount of time to feel comfortable knowing the product, you must be okay with feeling out of your element for awhile
    - Sometimes territory is further away from the office than most and involves a lot of driving

Continue to:
    - Give constructive criticism and coach us to be the best we can be
    - Reward (give praise) us when we follow through with challenges set
    - Motivate all the reps differently in how we best respond to that motivation

Advice:
    - Do not provide negative incentives/unproductive criticism when we aren't doing as well as we want
    - More training up front for new reps to feel more confident going out into the field
    - More field rides with current reps prior to making your own calls

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!