There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Temp

Former Employee - Assembly  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
Former Employee - Assembly in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Pearson full-time for less than a year

Pros

In about a month of working at Pearson I began training to be promoted to line leader. They really appreciate hard work and they reward it!

Cons

I was let go after a month because of a policy enforced by HR dept. My managers all had a meeting with HR to keep me on my job but HR wouldn't budge.

I feel that the managers and higher ups should have say in which employees remain with company despite a minor attendance policy issue. If the managers are fighting to keep an employee and are trying to promote that employee then let them use their discretion to make the right decision. Besides that I have nothing to say bad about this company because it is an awesome company that does a lot for its workers. Once an individual is hired on full-time the benefits are great and all of that so I hope they keep doing what they are doing and never change the integrity of the company by getting money hungry or downplaying those who've been through it with them!

803 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

Pearson Diversity Summer Internship Programme

Former Employee - Summer Diversity Intern  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Summer Diversity Intern in London, England (UK)

I worked at Pearson as an intern for less than a year

Pros

This is a 8 week scheme (12 weeks if you are applying for the Journalism stream) which allows to you to gain insight into one aspect of the business, whether it in marketing, corporate communications or accounting. Interns are allocated a place in the FT, Pearson International or Penguin

Cons

Not many, as I really enjoyed my time there. One con is that you have to actively seek long-term employment with them, which is difficult as you only have 8 weeks there to prove yourself.
    I am also not sure where interns would be allocated a Penguin internship now that they are merging with Random House.

Fun place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Pearson full-time

Pros

Short work week and plenty of cyber commute options. When things get crazy everyone works together to get the job out the door with the minimum amount of defects.

Cons

management doesn't always understand what we do. on several occasions releases were forced to go out before they were ready, and the resulting issues resulted in production outages and lost revenue

Enough with the reorgs. Let's get some stability in LTG, invest in hardware so we an get our work done correctly.

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!