Pearson

www.pearson.com
  www.pearson.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pearson

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Pearson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Work-Life Balance for the Employees

Cons

None to be reported on.

None to be reported on.

859 Other Employee Reviews for Pearson (View Most Recent)

Excellent Company!

Former Employee - Global Project Management Intern in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Global Project Management Intern in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at Pearson as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Had a great time working there, company commited to diversity very flexible in terms of hours of work and very nice and supportive upper management.

Cons

Sometimes seems you are working for a public division. Process become slow as people have more flexibility to work according to their convenience. In terms of career opportunities they seem to have a great internship program but after you are gone out of company human resource does not keep any track of former interns or even mak much effort in retaining employees. Human Resource department is very desintegrated and does not work well.

Focus on improving human resources effort and centralizing activities instead of keeping each office working independently.

Temp

Former Employee - Assembly in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Assembly in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Pearson full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In about a month of working at Pearson I began training to be promoted to line leader. They really appreciate hard work and they reward it!

Cons

I was let go after a month because of a policy enforced by HR dept. My managers all had a meeting with HR to keep me on my job but HR wouldn't budge.

I feel that the managers and higher ups should have say in which employees remain with company despite a minor attendance policy issue. If the managers are fighting to keep an employee and are trying to promote that employee then let them use their discretion to make the right decision. Besides that I have nothing to say bad about this company because it is an awesome company that does a lot for its workers. Once an individual is hired on full-time the benefits are great and all of that so I hope they keep doing what they are doing and never change the integrity of the company by getting money hungry or downplaying those who've been through it with them!

There are newer employer reviews for Pearson