Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com

One of the best

Assistant Store Manager & Store Manager (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA (US)

ProsTalented Managers are rewarded! If you are a talented manager (even a budding manager) you will be rewared with $ and opportunities...there are over 2000 stores with more opening and getting remodels!
Opportunites galor!
Great Staff from top to bottom!
Did I mention I no longer work there? However, I know there will always be a place for me there! I have always and will always speak highly of Pier 1 Imports.
You have a corporate staff who take significant time in creating a team atmosphere with trainings, celebrations, and recognition!
You have employees (sales associates) there for +10 years. Divisional and regional members of management who started as sales associates. Regional and Divisional members of management who will move your displays (and not just the little ones) to help and teach you!

ConsThere are a limited amount of full time positions!
Like any other retail business members of management are the only full time positions (and Home Office...it would be a dream!!)
Moving furniture! Sad but true. The end result is worth it...but truth be told...in the moment (and there are plenty) it stinks!

Advice to Senior ManagementWork hard!
Yes you will be moving furniture but if you're, truly, a Pier 1 person you'll love the end results.
Be genuine with a smile...remember you're the host and the customers are your guests. Youre managment team and sales associates will get you there if you are always fair.
Here is the biggest. Your hiring process is #1. If you think at any moment this person does not represent the brand...do not hire them!! You have to represent your customer base with your store's sales team.

Great Company to work for!!!

Store Manager (Former Employee) Hilton Head Island, SC (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people, great product, fun company Cons: Only salaried manager in the building is difficult at times Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The worst place I have ever worked!

Distribution Center Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than a year

Pros: My peers and submitting my resignation. Cons: Working as a member of management in the Savannah, GA DC was one of the worst experiences that I have ever encountered in my career.… Advice to Senior Management: Close your Savannah DC or change the DC Director(dictator) No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!