There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

One of the best

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager & Store Manager in New Orleans, LA (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Talented Managers are rewarded! If you are a talented manager (even a budding manager) you will be rewared with $ and opportunities...there are over 2000 stores with more opening and getting remodels!
Opportunites galor!
Great Staff from top to bottom!
Did I mention I no longer work there? However, I know there will always be a place for me there! I have always and will always speak highly of Pier 1 Imports.
You have a corporate staff who take significant time in creating a team atmosphere with trainings, celebrations, and recognition!
You have employees (sales associates) there for +10 years. Divisional and regional members of management who started as sales associates. Regional and Divisional members of management who will move your displays (and not just the little ones) to help and teach you!

Cons

There are a limited amount of full time positions!
Like any other retail business members of management are the only full time positions (and Home Office...it would be a dream!!)
Moving furniture! Sad but true. The end result is worth it...but truth be told...in the moment (and there are plenty) it stinks!

Work hard!
Yes you will be moving furniture but if you're, truly, a Pier 1 person you'll love the end results.
Be genuine with a smile...remember you're the host and the customers are your guests. Youre managment team and sales associates will get you there if you are always fair.
Here is the biggest. Your hiring process is #1. If you think at any moment this person does not represent the brand...do not hire them!! You have to represent your customer base with your store's sales team.

594 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Great Company to work for!!!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Hilton Head Island, SC (US)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Hilton Head Island, SC (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, great product, fun company

Cons

Only salaried manager in the building is difficult at times

The worst place I have ever worked!

Former Employee - Distribution Center Supervisor
    Former Employee - Distribution Center Supervisor

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My peers and submitting my resignation.

Cons

Working as a member of management in the Savannah, GA DC was one of the worst experiences that I have ever encountered in my career. It was one of the most unprofessional enviroments that I have worked in. This company has no concept of work-life balance, working their supervisors 70 to 80 hours a week. The upper management team acted in a disrespectful and unethical manner. Resigning from this job has been one of the best decisions I have made in quiite some time.

Close your Savannah DC or change the DC Director(dictator)

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports