There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Very good atmosphere to work in and everyone knows their part

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Laguna Niguel, CA (US)
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Laguna Niguel, CA (US)

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good hours, no crazy holiday hours, good pay, quick upward growth opportunities

Cons

Not huge volume so pay is good but limited

575 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Dangerous Stockroom @ the Divisional Office Store

Former Employee - Sales Leader  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Leader in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros

I no longer have to work there!

Cons

40Ft trucks that arrive between 4am and 12pm noon. You have only two maybe three people to unload ALL of it. It must ALL be processed in 24 hours. Items are stacked sky high and fall as you alone ( because there are never enough staff in the store no matter the square footage, and someone always has to be on the sales floor) try to get them out for a customer.

Offer a premium pay for associates to work overnight shifts and in the stockroom.

The passion for the company faded.

Former Employee - Sales Leader  in  Chesapeake, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Leader in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Discount!
    If your store manager is amazing and hires employees that are amazing and blend well and work well together, it's a dream job!!!
    Many career advancement opportunities!
    Fun -- if you love the products and working with customers closely. Pier 1 customers are loyal and truly want the employee's ideas, advice.

Cons

When I first started in 2006 the company did something special for employees on Christmas- but that ended during my three year employment history. I was very disappointed. I am not sure what the situation is there current day.
    They also cut back on the amount of raises per year they'd give and the amount of raise.

Short shifts as a sales associate. Decent hours as sales leader.
    Very few hours available per week for sales associates ranging from 4-15 hours. Not enough to pay rent, but the company didn't want me to have second job b/c that affected my availability.
    Underpaid as sales associate.
    When I advanced to sales leader, I made $10 a hour, which maybe would be fair for a month period. But there should be more raises and BETTER raises.
    Demanding goals to receive credit card sign ups per day.

I transferred stores when I became a sales leader and unfortunately that management team made me fall OUT OF LOVE with the company. I was very disappointed but left the company because of it. Before that my previous store was awesome! Great managers equal GREAT stores and GREAT employees.
    As for the much higher ups.... my store frequently didn't have access to merchandising supplies we needed to prepare the store as the directory asked us to. The District Manager always said we couldn't afford it. That's strange to me, since we were trying to made our store to be the Pier 1 Standard. Make sure your store have the tool, supplies they need, and the employees do as well. Communication is huge. And a Thank you goes a LONG way during a store visit!!! (VISIT THE Stores!!! The employees work VERY hard to make the stores look the way they do and be successful as they are.)

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!