Pier 1 Imports
www.pier1.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

It was an excellent opportunity to grow my customer service and communication skills.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

ProsThe retail environment is one that fosters growth in superb customer service. Every customer who walks in the door is acknowledged, and as an associate, one's duty is to meet their needs. The Pier 1 experience for employees is one of satisfaction for serving customers.

ConsUnfortunately, the room for growth is relative to the store size. Upper management is not focused enough on growing their retail employees in terms of rank; only in terms of service to the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be beneficial to the retail employees who want to advance with the company if management would acknowledge their employees in this regard, and take the necessary steps to foster that kind of growth.

This company cares about work/life balance.

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports

Pros: I appreciate having the ability to spend time with family… Cons: This is a very physically demanding job. Advice to Senior Management: I think incentive pay raises would be nice. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Underpaid; overworked, high expectations; no incentive

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Santa Monica, CA (US)

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for less than a year

Pros: -Good first job to learn retail, but get out AS SOON as you find something better-- even a little better -25%… Cons: -No matter HOW HARD you work, you will NOT get a raise until at LEAST a year of employment. And that's not even guaranteed. Some… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your employees accordingly for doing a good job. Stop with the catalog and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pier 1 Imports reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pier 1 Imports CEO Alex Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Pier 1 Imports employees.