Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com
  www.pier1.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

It was an excellent opportunity to grow my customer service and communication skills.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The retail environment is one that fosters growth in superb customer service. Every customer who walks in the door is acknowledged, and as an associate, one's duty is to meet their needs. The Pier 1 experience for employees is one of satisfaction for serving customers.

Cons

Unfortunately, the room for growth is relative to the store size. Upper management is not focused enough on growing their retail employees in terms of rank; only in terms of service to the customer.

It would be beneficial to the retail employees who want to advance with the company if management would acknowledge their employees in this regard, and take the necessary steps to foster that kind of growth.

627 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

A fun place to work.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New Bern, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New Bern, NC (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employee discount was a big plus. They offer insurance options for part-time employees. Opportunities to interact with people/customers from all walks of life.

Cons

Store managers are in charge of scheduling. My personal experience was that the store manager continually scheduled me and another manager for weekend shifts, but refused to work more than one weekend for every two months despite higher management requesting she work more weekends. They require you to push their store credit card, so if you have a problem pushing 23%APR cards on people, this may not be the place for you.

I would advise regional managers to require schedule submissions from store managers along with sales reports. This would give better insight to what problems may be leading to poor store performance.

Dangerous Stockroom @ the Divisional Office Store

Former Employee - Sales Leader in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Leader in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I no longer have to work there!

Cons

40Ft trucks that arrive between 4am and 12pm noon. You have only two maybe three people to unload ALL of it. It must ALL be processed in 24 hours. Items are stacked sky high and fall as you alone ( because there are never enough staff in the store no matter the square footage, and someone always has to be on the sales floor) try to get them out for a customer.

Offer a premium pay for associates to work overnight shifts and in the stockroom.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports