Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com

A fun place to work.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) New Bern, NC (US)

ProsThe employee discount was a big plus. They offer insurance options for part-time employees. Opportunities to interact with people/customers from all walks of life.

ConsStore managers are in charge of scheduling. My personal experience was that the store manager continually scheduled me and another manager for weekend shifts, but refused to work more than one weekend for every two months despite higher management requesting she work more weekends. They require you to push their store credit card, so if you have a problem pushing 23%APR cards on people, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise regional managers to require schedule submissions from store managers along with sales reports. This would give better insight to what problems may be leading to poor store performance.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good work/life balance. Great bonus program! Laid back company. Cons: Once you are hired in for a particular position, you will be stuck with that position. No opportunities to… Advice to Senior Management: Create more opportunities for people to advance. Pay people what… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Over worked, Underpaid

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports

Pros: The 25% discount is great. There are lots of pretty… Cons: The furniture quality is poor, Merchandise is overpriced, The training… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!