There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Slow boring work day.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a fun work enviroment, mangers are nice and understanding.

Cons

Only work you 20 hours at the most most of the time not. theres not a lot to do inbetween rushes.

566 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

It was an excellent opportunity to grow my customer service and communication skills.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros

The retail environment is one that fosters growth in superb customer service. Every customer who walks in the door is acknowledged, and as an associate, one's duty is to meet their needs. The Pier 1 experience for employees is one of satisfaction for serving customers.

Cons

Unfortunately, the room for growth is relative to the store size. Upper management is not focused enough on growing their retail employees in terms of rank; only in terms of service to the customer.

It would be beneficial to the retail employees who want to advance with the company if management would acknowledge their employees in this regard, and take the necessary steps to foster that kind of growth.

A fun place to work.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  New Bern, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New Bern, NC (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time for more than a year

Pros

The employee discount was a big plus. They offer insurance options for part-time employees. Opportunities to interact with people/customers from all walks of life.

Cons

Store managers are in charge of scheduling. My personal experience was that the store manager continually scheduled me and another manager for weekend shifts, but refused to work more than one weekend for every two months despite higher management requesting she work more weekends. They require you to push their store credit card, so if you have a problem pushing 23%APR cards on people, this may not be the place for you.

I would advise regional managers to require schedule submissions from store managers along with sales reports. This would give better insight to what problems may be leading to poor store performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!