There are newer employer reviews for Plum District

Exhausting with little reward.

I worked at Plum District full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible, work-from-home position. Loved to meet with the local business owners.

Cons

Crazy, stressful environment with insane stipulations from leadership.

Treat your employees with respect.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Plum District (View Most Recent)

Pretty on the outside but hideously ugly on the inside..

I worked at Plum District full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Bay area start up backed by KP sounds cool to your friends and on a resume. Decent health benefits. Free snacks and beverages. Overall, the talent at the company was exceptional (minus senior management but they were for the most part in over their heads) and I was fortunate to meet some fantastic, wickedly entertaining people. Generous vacation time but you would probably be fired upon your return as the company was always "moving in another direction." Generally, that direction was down. This company managed to truly find some of the best and brightest in cities across the US dedicated to building something that turned out to be a poo sandwich. Lots of good looking people. Even the Board commented on the overall attractiveness of the company. Sadly, it wasn't a magazine shoot so it was a moot point. You will never look at the word "deal" in the same way again.

Cons

Tired idea. Everything you read on here is completely accurate, and if anything, people are being kind. Not a sales organization. The turnover was laughable. It wasn't necessary to get to know people's names as they probably weren't going to be around for the next conference call. Feedback was constantly solicited but no one was interested in addressing obvious issues or listening.

Seriously, this is an antiquated concept that is contracting versus growing. I hope someone has figured that much out at the company, but you never know.

What a horrible experience.

Former Employee - Regional Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Manager

I worked at Plum District full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm struggling with anything positive about this company. I guess it would be the co-workers that I came in contact with. That is about it.

Cons

* What kind of company knows they are firing all of their Regional Managers, flies them out for a 'meeting', sucks all of the information out of these hard working professionals under the pretense of training- knowing they are going fire them later that week?
    *They hired people knowing they would fire them (within the month of hiring them) in order to make themselves look profitable.

You've ruined peoples careers. I know many think this type of stuff happens in all companies, but no- this is not your typical downsizing excuse- this is a poster child for an unethical 'corporation'.
    Beware of this company and Megan Gardner.

There are newer employer reviews for Plum District