Portugal Telecom
www.telecom.pt Lisbon, Portugal 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not a good place to unleash your full creativity.

User Experience Designer (Current Employee)
Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Portugal Telecom

ProsSafe job; Perks like health insurance, telecommunications products discounts, etc; Lots of people using the products you gonna help design and develop.

ConsLow wages; incompetent management; corporate environment; many internal divisions with the different commercial brands (SAPO, MEO, TMN), which hinders your work; lots of focus on charging the customer instead of creating great products; cultural division of employees by their rank and job skills;

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more organized; think ahead of time; don't always make last minute decisions; give more autonomy to your team members; stay focused instead of trying to create too many products; give real and honest feedback to the team; give importance to continuous assessment of workers job, not only at yearly evaluation.

A good place to gain experience and move on elsewhere

I have been working at Portugal Telecom

Pros: Included in a very solid economic group. Competitive starting benefits… Cons: Work hours required are not consistent with career progression. Career progression is increadibly slow and… Advice to Senior Management: Work on a career path with clear and objective goals where employees know how to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Awesome

Web Developer (Current Employee)
Aradas (Portugal)

I have been working at Portugal Telecom

Pros: Work in huge projects for international clients. Make software to… Cons: Work as outsourcer. Few people in the team for much… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Portugal Telecom.

Worked for Portugal Telecom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Portugal Telecom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Portugal Telecom CEO Zeinal A. Mahomed Bava. All reviews posted anonymously by Portugal Telecom employees.