Portugal Telecom
www.telecom.pt Lisbon, Portugal 1000 to 5000 Employees

To much outsourcing

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Lisbon (Portugal)

I worked at Portugal Telecom full-time for more than a year

ProsYou learn enterprise size methodologies there. The company lunch area is reasonable although it could have more variety.

ConsThey don't have good work life balance and the outsourcing is terrible, seen people there that are outsourced by as much as four companies before being deploy in their work post, a victory for the middle men.

Advice to Senior Managementthe outsourcing is not really saving any money, offer those workers half of what you pay to the outsourcing companies and the "real" workers will be be very happy with the 50% raise and a stable job. I simply quit and moved on to a better work because these critical points would not be meet even if I was very good at my work.

Great workplace

SAP Consultant (Former Employee)
Lisbon (Portugal)

I worked at Portugal Telecom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent place to learn and get experience, great work environment. Cons: Compensation should be one tool for administrators to drive workers… Advice to Senior Management: Please reward intelligently Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Intern- Test Engineering

Intern Engineering (Current Employee)
Aveiro (Portugal)

I have been working at Portugal Telecom as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great team.... excellent vibe inside the company, the spirit of progress is in, in… Cons: Long hours as an Engineer, still the ambiance is good enough… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Portugal Telecom.

Worked for Portugal Telecom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Portugal Telecom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Portugal Telecom CEO Zeinal A. Mahomed Bava. All reviews posted anonymously by Portugal Telecom employees.