Press Ganey
www.pressganey.com South Bend, IN 500 to 999 Employees

Tedious,, Company internal workflow Not technically or innvotative thinking- expected more from new executive team

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople are friendly and will bend over backwards to help you at this organization. Very thorough and competent Compliance team.. Best Contract team I have ever worked with- they are tireless and meticiulous. Very responsive Account Management team.

ConsThis company is out-dated, tedious and creates more internal work for themselves than any company I have ever seen. The amount of "CC" emails that every employee is on- is ridiculous- way too much unnecessary information on a continuous basis -with no strategy or thought to make changes. If you encourage change- you are frowned upon for speaking up.

Upper management is the problem here -from Sr. VP down to VP. A different approach or change is discouraged in this company. This management style and culture would work better in a repetitive environment- such as a factory or assembly line- but a challenge a market where the competition is far more innovative and streamlined than PG.

Marketing and Product Management - no changes in messaging or product ingeunity . Total lack of creativity. In more than 18 mos- 1 new feature- Quick Reports- that was a tiny improvement in the solution- Too much data, too little openness to change or streamlining- and sales leadreship churns through new business sales on a regular basis, (people are not aware they are gone for months.) As a result, ZERO sales growth and competition is eating away at the PG market share- ( PG's pride and joy.).

Many of us had high hopes for Pat Ryan and his new managment team to bring change. Pat Ryan is personable, charasmitic, intersting person. Unfortunately, he is one person who can't change the biggest challenge of all- Press Ganey internal team who have been there far too long and think continue the way we have always worked and everything will be fine. In this changing market- this lack of foresigth and vision will continue to erode PG's business. And no amount of analytics, 300 page reports, or PhD statisticians will be able to fix this slow moving, red -tape company. They are their own worst enemy.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice: Replace the "good ole boy" mediocre management and bring in new Product Management, Marketing and Sales leadership. Even Pat Ryan's charisma and sincerity won't be able to change the "Stepford" mentality (responding to clients, product, and sales the same way we have always done.) and lackluster performance until an overhaul of internal change is done. If factory, assembly-line mentality work is for you with tons of emails to always read- this is the place !

A leader striving ever higher.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for less than a year

Pros: Forward thinking company where innovation and integration are highly praised. Team environment where individuals are never too busy to teach and… Cons: While teamwork is strong, in my time, there have been… Advice to Senior Management: Leadership is great. New vision and direction to maintain our… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Many passionate people with entrepreneurial spirit!

South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

Pros: employees are passionate about their ability to impact the quality of healthcare, and this resonates throughout the company. There are some of the brightest and… Cons: Travel to South Bend isn't the easiest for the expanding group of employees in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Press Ganey.

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Press Ganey reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan. All reviews posted anonymously by Press Ganey employees.