Strong on cultural commitment thru Sr. Management not dedicated to employees or improving product reliability

Current Employee - Operations  in  South Bend, IN (US)
Current Employee - Operations in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The organization is a highly influential industry competitor, and directly helps the South Bend community with a cultural commitment and focus that is unsurpassed. This is a direct result of operational efforts to improve brand reliability.

Cons

Sr. Management overlooks the leadership qualities and capabilities in employees and prefers to bring in outside leadership rather than provide opportunities for internal staffers. More importantly, leadership is quick to downgrade top executives in favor of outside management as a result of an ineffective belief that such tactics might improve the organization's diminishing credibility in their industry. For instance, replacing the COO was a horrible and damaging business decision. The organization's "good 'ol boy" mentality is the only reason the previous COO was not terminated - it was obvious that operations was failing under inneffective leadership sowed with distrust, and misalignment to clearly established company goals and values - but instead a new COO was brought in (instead of brought up from internally) to "fix" the damages, and the previous COO was promoted to President of Operations.

Prospective employees are shown smoke and mirrors to establish that the organization cares for its employees with a deep commitment and likewise is extremely customer focused to the point that clients always talk to a live person when they call the company rather than talk to an automation system. On the surface this seems like the perfect type of company to work for - family centric, employee driven, customer focused - except - behind the smoke and mirrors is a close-minded, distrustful, stagnant, and transactional autocratic leadership where leaders rule by fear and consequences.

Employees cannot express concerns with leadership without fear of serious reprecussions including immediate termination, which is just another fear tactic to help ensure that internal operations runs smoothly and successfully.

Trust in your own employees and cease the practice of bringing in outside leadership as a perceived solution at solving inefficiencies in management - especially when you've tried and failed at bringing in multiple outside leadership multiple times in a short period of time, none of which has been effective!

Other Reviews for Press Ganey

Many passionate people with entrepreneurial spirit!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  South Bend, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

Pros

employees are passionate about their ability to impact the quality of healthcare, and this resonates throughout the company. There are some of the brightest and innivative minds leading the teams and momentum is positive. This is a fast paced environment where creativity and vision are rewarded. Communication from leaders has never been better!

Cons

Travel to South Bend isn't the easiest for the expanding group of employees in other locations, but the establishment of key offices in Chicago and Boston is helping

The worst professional experience of my life!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  South Bend, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has some excellent employees at the ground level.

Cons

There is massive turmoil and backstabbing at the middle management level, the senior managers are inexperienced and in over their heads, and the executives have their heads so far in the clouds that they can't see what is really going on.

From my individual perspective, the workload is unbearable. People keep quitting the company and they are not replaced, so their job responsibilities fall on other already overworked people. When I asked for help, I was told to "work more hours." When I demonstrated that I was already working 60+ hours per week, I was told to "work more efficiently." I'm doing the work of 2.5 people in 60 hours, so I'm already extremely efficient!

The company seems top-heavy with management; for example, there are at least 5 layers of management between the average worker and the executives in a < 1,000 person company.

Salaries are on the low-end of acceptable and the fringe benefits are Spartan. The health care coverage is abysmal, which is ironic because Press Ganey purports to be a leader in the health care industry.

Interview some of your ground level employees. Realize that the middle management turmoil is

There are newer employer reviews for Press Ganey.

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!