Princeton Review

www.princetonreview.com
  www.princetonreview.com
There are newer employer reviews for Princeton Review

Great company to work for if you're looking for a part time job

Former Employee - Substitute in El Paso, TX (US)
Former Employee - Substitute in El Paso, TX (US)

I worked at Princeton Review part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay, knowledgeable friendly staff. For substituting and proctoring positions, the company pays for mileage and other expenses.

Cons

Saturday morning work for proctoring practice tests. Not idea for people you are not good with high school kids. Always on call.

159 Other Employee Reviews for Princeton Review (View Most Recent)

Lots of changes with company, disorganized

I worked at Princeton Review full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the people you work with day-to-day are wonderful. Lots of people to assist you if you have any questions or need advice. Room to advance in certain areas.

Cons

Terrible customer service policies, disorganized management, lots of corporate changes. No training was provided initially, lots of time spent doing projects that had to be re-done later. Takes a long time to get materials.

Great job to do while going to school

Former Employee - MCAT Review Teacher in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - MCAT Review Teacher in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Princeton Review part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- fun job
    - decent pay
    - easy to do part time
    - hours were flexible
    - students were great!

Cons

- only a minor con, but some prep was needed (but once you taught your first class there was much less to do for following classes)
    - not a reliable source of income as you were not guaranteed classes from year to year
    - company became disorganized when the Vancouver management was restructured and shifted to Toronto

- For the majority of the time that I was working there there was a great manager who worked in our Vancouver office, but she was let go for company restructuring. She made working there a great experience. It became a little frustrating after that point as anyone that I could get assistance from was in Toronto. It was much easier to deal with day to day questions with someone face to face as opposed to talking to a person I have never met over email. It made the company seem uncaring and impersonal.

There are newer employer reviews for Princeton Review