Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com
  www.pbp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

Hard work rewarded with opportunity

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

If you put in the work and time to learn about the company you will be rewarded with increased responsibility and opportunity.
You are always encouraged to try new things and new approaches which is a refreshing change from other organizations I have worked for.
Very involved in the community and believes in and encourages giving back - something that is missing in many companies today.

Cons

More vacation time would be nice, but I have learned from past experience, sometimes you pay for more vacation time through unpaid/unrecognized overtime.

73 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications (View Most Recent)

Worst Company Ever

I worked at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

There are a lot of good people that work there.

Cons

They give a false sense of empowerment and pretend to embrace your business ideas... when in reality, it's like working in a version of the Hunger Games.
    Upper Management interferes with how mid-management runs their business - then blame them when their idea fails.
    They claim they are a "people" company but I only saw that if the employee was earning them a considerable amount of cash... even then.. they did not really treat employees with respect.

Develop uniform company policies and if you give your word

Company that doesn't follow their own "proclaimed" values. Run away as fast as you can.

Former Employee - Editor in Malvern, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Editor in Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not many. But if you are willing to be a follower and do what they say you will get by. You need to be someone who doesn't think for themselves.

Cons

Search the web for "progressive business publications" and look at the search results.
    You will see a great deal of negative publicity about the company exploiting people at businesses across the country. This is reason enough not to work there.

On top of that, consider the people who work there for a long time and are comfortable with this fact. They obviously are either stuck there or don't find anything wrong with misleading or taking advantage of people. Why would you want to work with them?

In addition to these facts, my experience at the company was very in line with the negative facts that come up in the search results. People there didn't really care about the customers, nor did management really care about employees. The turnover rate of employees was very high and customers were always calling into complain.

I do not think advice will help this management team.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications