Progressive Business Publications

Overall great experience

Former Employee - Summer Editorial Intern
Former Employee - Summer Editorial Intern

I worked at Progressive Business Publications as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I had a wonderful experience as an editorial intern at Progressive Business Publications this past summer. I worked as an assistant editor on several of Progressive Business Publication's newsletters. I was responsible for writing cover stories, short pieces, and calling subscribers to generate content. By the end of the internship I had taken on the responsibilities of a full-time emplyee. All of the other employees were extremely helpful, and I felt like I was really a part of the Progressive Business Publications family. The company is founded on solid ethical principles and truly adheres to them. Progressive Business Publications is also involved in various philanthropic initiatives in the community. The mentorship program in particular has had remarkable success in improving the lives of children in the area and improving test scores as well.

Cons

Sometimes it got very tedious to have to go through the list of subscribers making phone calls, but I understand it is part of the job, I also wasn't making as much as some of my friends in other internship positions, but I did make a decent amount.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications (View Most Recent)

Positive Environment, Dedicated and Professional Colleagues

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

*Culture that encourages achievement
    *Colleagues are people of accomplishment who encourage and support one another
    *Opportunity to bring great ideas to fruition
    *Strong record of giving back to the community

Cons

*It is hurtful and aggravating to read the nasty criticisms and negative comments seen on the web.
    *some of these harangues seem unfair and misleading

Values Driven Company with Opportunity for Impact

Current Employee - Marketer  in  Malvern, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketer in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked in marketing at the company's headquarters for 3 years. Company has a high performance environment but managers give you the resources and support to succeed. I'm always learning something new and have been given opportunities to attend conferences, trainings, and other outside resources. Upper management challenges you to make an impact, but empowers you to see your ideas through.

PBP is very philanthropic and encourages employees to participate in its mentorship program . I found the program to be incredibly rewarding. Gives you a sense of pride to work with a company that positively impacts the community in so many ways.

Cons

It is a results driven environment. Everyone is held accountable for what they deliver on, so it's not for everybody.

Better coffee!

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!