Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com
  www.pbp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

Started in 1999 and never looked back!

Current Employee - Sales in Woodbury, NJ (US)
Current Employee - Sales in Woodbury, NJ (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you do your job well and perform at a high level keeping the customer at the front of all your decisions you will do fine. Company focus is on helping executives do their job better not selling widgets. Every 2 weeks you have an opportunity to speak with a different type of executive while learning about a differnt part of the business world.

Cons

Blue chairs need to be upgraded!

73 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications (View Most Recent)

Overall great experience

Former Employee - Summer Editorial Intern
    Former Employee - Summer Editorial Intern

I worked at Progressive Business Publications as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I had a wonderful experience as an editorial intern at Progressive Business Publications this past summer. I worked as an assistant editor on several of Progressive Business Publication's newsletters. I was responsible for writing cover stories, short pieces, and calling subscribers to generate content. By the end of the internship I had taken on the responsibilities of a full-time emplyee. All of the other employees were extremely helpful, and I felt like I was really a part of the Progressive Business Publications family. The company is founded on solid ethical principles and truly adheres to them. Progressive Business Publications is also involved in various philanthropic initiatives in the community. The mentorship program in particular has had remarkable success in improving the lives of children in the area and improving test scores as well.

Cons

Sometimes it got very tedious to have to go through the list of subscribers making phone calls, but I understand it is part of the job, I also wasn't making as much as some of my friends in other internship positions, but I did make a decent amount.

Positive Environment, Dedicated and Professional Colleagues

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

*Culture that encourages achievement
    *Colleagues are people of accomplishment who encourage and support one another
    *Opportunity to bring great ideas to fruition
    *Strong record of giving back to the community

Cons

*It is hurtful and aggravating to read the nasty criticisms and negative comments seen on the web.
    *some of these harangues seem unfair and misleading

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications