Progressive Business Publications
www.pbp.com Malvern, PA 500 to 999 Employees

great place for writers

Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI can't think of a more exciting challenge for a writer than to work at Progressive Business Publications. You learn to write for extremely busy business professionals who don't have time and who by nature don't want to read. Business-to-business writing is different from any other kind of writing I've ever been exposed to -- and I think I've seen most of it in a 50-year writing and editing career. It's a tough craft to learn, but then again, it's like they say -- nothing easy in probably worth having.

Progressive Business Professionals serves business professionals with critical information for their jobs from Presidents and CEOs to administrative assistants and every other job function in between -- HR, Payroll, Sales, Safety and Environmental compliance management and others. Each audience has its own unique needs. Our writers are trained how to talk to these business professionals and then serve them by selecting the right information just for them from a variety of sources. We got a lot of satisfaction when we hear people tell us we've really helped them become more effective in their jobs. I never felt I had such a direct relationship with my audience when I used to work in general media like newspapers. It's challenging, but it's exhilarating at the same time!

Constraffic on US202 (construction seems to be everlasting) can be bad for the commute

Advice to Senior Managementthink about work-life balance

Progressive Business Publications is "built to last"

Director (Current Employee)
Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than a year

Pros: Progressive Business Publications is a company in it for the long-term. More than half of the employees have been around longer than 10 years. That… Cons: Not a lot of natural light in the HQ, except… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Dishonest business tactics...a sinking ship.

Rather Not Say (Former Employee)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The people who work there genuinely want the business to succeed. Generally no one works past… Cons: Layoffs due to failed management and vision. Organization claims you are your own CEO, so don't expect a promotion. Too many business units, they try… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your workers instead of the protected boys club at the top. Hold people accountable for failures. Shake up the top level every once… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Progressive Business Publications.

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Progressive Business Publications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Progressive Business Publications CEO Ed Satell. All reviews posted anonymously by Progressive Business Publications employees.