Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com
  www.pbp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

Great place to build a resume, but you'll never get rich working there.

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Bensalem, PA (US)
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Bensalem, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

Flexible hours, easy work. Good performance is rewarded appropriately. Good relationship between staff and management. Those who truly strive to succeed are given the assistance they need. Those who do succeed are rewarded with promotions. The job can pay VERY well, but ONLY if you are very good at phone sales without sending out false, unclear or otherwise bad orders(fluffing your sales with bad orders will get you fired fast).

Cons

Training is brief and broad. Severe turnover. Will hire anybody, but will also fire after giving a short grace period out of training. Poor office conditions (slow to repair plumbing, air conditioning, etc.) Minimum wage with an hourly sales incentive that is difficult for most reps to achieve. The ideal rep is essentially one who does enough sales to be worth keeping but not enough to get paid beyond the $7.15 an hour base rate. The job requires a great deal of mental endurance and fortitude and very few employees last more than a month there.

Extend training to two weeks, allow greater employee autonomy with regards to sales script. The current sales incentive system is demotivating, too few attain it. Do away with it and instead give employees regular raises to their base rate at 6 or 12 month intervals, since employees that last that long are the ones you want to keep and those that don't last don't become discouraged.

73 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications (View Most Recent)

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Representative
    Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

The opportunities for advancement into managment

Cons

Sales can be difficult at times. You have to keep a positive attitude.

Keep encouraging your employees

Found a dimond in the ruff in meadville pa

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

What can I say the benifits the outstand posititive attudues in the office no weekends and flexable hours I work a 2nd job at nts in erie and I got appts and jen is so accomadating by the way meadville is number 1 in sales for the company GO MEADVILLE............

Cons

No cons for working here

I happen to find the ad on craigslist for this company I said to my a call center in meadville I'm from erie pa I drive 40 miles to and from got hear saw how small of a contact center is and loved it rene who interviewed me was wonderful and jen the branch manager has a. Awsome personality and the rest of the managers back you up the office enviroment is good I got a great sales agent who sits next to me and enouages me to keep gooing thanks to her I'm doing outstanding so for all the negative comments I read about meadville I don't see it and there is no drug use or any of that so a big shout out to jen and the rest of the managers out thank you for helping me grow out of training thanks I love pbp

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications