Protiviti

www.protiviti.com
  www.protiviti.com
There are newer employer reviews for Protiviti

Tough work but worth it in the long run

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Protiviti

Pros

Overall it was a good place to work when I was there. Can't speak to current enviornment but generally speaking management listened to my needs and helped me develop. Clients were difficult at times as they are in any organization and one faces the same challenges that one would in any consulting enviornment.

Cons

Hours were pretty long at time, and some of the work mundane. But nothing out of the ordinary. Sometimes it was difficult for new employees to assimilate into the environment, especially to initially land clients. However, I suppose the top performers were able to make it through this difficulty.

Keep listening to your employees and continue to expand services.

460 Other Employee Reviews for Protiviti (View Most Recent)

Not for you if you are a mother

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Protiviti

Pros

Great work assignments most of the time and excellent local MD. No office politics and great, talented colleagues.

Cons

If you are the primary carer of your children, working for Protiviti might be tricky. While I was always able to take time off if I needed, the career advancement was absolutely out of question. Professional services require steady 12 -14 hours a day. It is common to come home, feed the children and put them to bed and then continue to work a few more hours to be able to stay in line with your colleagues. And even if you do this systematically, it is unlikely you will get promoted.

Another negative is the lack of office space, not to mention quality work space; you can be more comfortable in a bus station.

Good work

Average Overall

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

Protiviti offers a lot in terms of opportunity to perform at a level above yours. There are many opportunities to receive leadership opportunities that, I think, would not be available at a lot of other firms. This is probably due to the relatively smaller size of the company. Also I think the chance to be a part of a growing company with the ability to forge your own niche is there. Like most firms, Protiviti offers good (not great) benefits, bonus compensation, and a good amount of paid time off. Protiviti has a somewhat entrepenuerial spirit because of the aforementioned size and place in the market.

Cons

Management is out of touch with staff, in terms of what staff find valuable in work experience. Employees have little to no bearing over what experience they will receive and often have their wishes disregarded quickly after voicing them. Management within the company seems to lack the pedigree and experience of some other firms. While one would assume them to be the most motivated group in the company they often seem to be the least motivated (apart from a select few). Staff often both plan and execute work with little regard from management. This lack of care, oversight, and general will to work leads to finger pointing when things don't go as planned. Accountability is severely lacking outside of the staff level.

Focus on results instead of repeating the same boiler plater complaints about staff. Lead by example and hold yourselves accountable for project success. To executives hiring Senior Management, find intelligent, motivated management and find ways to keep them.

There are newer employer reviews for Protiviti