Public Consulting Group

www.publicconsultinggroup.com
  www.publicconsultinggroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Public Consulting Group

PCG has its issues but its not beyond saving.

Current Employee - Technical Specialist III
Current Employee - Technical Specialist III

I have been working at Public Consulting Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PCG has given me a lot of flexibility in where and how I work, in the projects I'm involved in. There's a lot going on, and if you've got motivation, and can politic a bit, you can get involved in a lot of different things.

Cons

Each dev house seems to be a silo. They don't communicate with one another, and different rules and standards apply to different offices. In Montreal, you have a Win7/whatever-the-latest-thing-from-microsoft house. In other dev offices, ITS limits hardware and software to windowsXP or 2003. There's no consistency.

Consultants drive the business, but often with unrealistic requirements/expectations, and without communication of a bigger picture. This leads to a lot of one-off solutions that are largely redundant.

There's no real communication from the top-down. The company expects you to tow the PCG line and have the cult-of-pcg mentality, but they don't inspire or encourage the way you have to in order to foster that environment.

There is no real communication from the top-donw.

Share the love. The company is profitable in spite of itself. Reward good people. Hire good people. Don't hate on individuals because they don't tow the line. Don't sideline people because of who they've been associated with. We've got a lot of people, and some of us have good ideas.

126 Other Employee Reviews for Public Consulting Group (View Most Recent)

Disappointing

Former Employee - Claims Developer
    Former Employee - Claims Developer

I worked at Public Consulting Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The location I worked at offered some flexibility to choose your schedule; half day on Friday if you work a 9 hour day Monday through Thursday.

Cons

The cliche 'overworked and underpaid' is so fitting with PCG. The workload and numbers/quantity driven expectations are so ridiculous and unrealistic that its borderline laughable. Low salary. Could barely afford to make ends meet. Insurance is expensive for the employee and is very basic. Poor work life balance. Lack of communication from management. I never got a sense of 'team' but rather always felt like office morale was very low and there seemed to be an 'us vs them' mentality from management to us regular folks. Not much opportunity for growth unless you're in a leadership position already. Overall very disappointing and now what I had hoped or expected when accepting the position. The lack of enthusiasm and the frustration amongst employees was very visible throughout the office.

Work on instilling some morale, need better leadership. Higher pay or at least workload and expectations that more closely reflect the dismal compensation.

IT is broken and no one is able to fix.

I worked at Public Consulting Group

Pros

The Boston office is in a great location.

Cons

Serious material issues in IT. Complete disarray. Board not commited to IT. IT budgets are a fraction of what they should be.

Outsource all of IT. PCG does not know how to Plan, Budget, Hire, and Manage IT. In the last 5 years, PCG has not had ANY truely successful IT inititives. (anyone on the inside would know this is true).

There are newer employer reviews for Public Consulting Group