PwC

www.pwc.com

Great opportunities, but structure creates significant challenges

Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Pros1.) Community - I love the people I work with. They are brilliant at what they do, but more importantly they are fantastic people.
2.) Tremendous opportunity to learn and grow, exposure to senior leadership with clients.
3.) Personally, I enjoy the travel.

Cons1.) Politics - the partnership structure creates huge challenges to effectively deliver work. If you need expertise from another practice area, good luck getting it easily.
2.) Leadership support - again, because of how the firm is structured, even if your leadership supports your work and what you're doing, it may not be valued by the rest of the firm. Particularly if it's not in the audit space.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the red tape that prohibits employees from moving around, but more importantly, that inhibits our ability to effectively deliver service to clients because we can't "share" expertise and we end up competing internally for projects.

Great long-term job

Developer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at PwC as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Lots of benefits, newest technology, challenging work. It's a great corporate setting to learn to be a professional.… Cons: Lots of work. Try not to be a slave to… Advice to Senior Management: Encourage more interaction between team members Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Current Situation Intern at PwC consulting

Intern (Current Employee) Milan (Italy)

I have been working at PwC full-time for less than a year

Pros: ffer support for an excellent post graduate qualification. the chartered accountancy qualification is… Cons: There is solid (if slow) career progression available. Most people seem to get promoted… Advice to Senior Management: Think about involving non-managers in the decision making process, and having… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PwC.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!