There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Good place to start

Current Employee - Associate in Minneapolis, MN (US)
Current Employee - Associate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart and nice people, trying to improve work-life balance, some good opportunities

Cons

Advancement is generally pre-determined. Above average and average performers are paid comparably and advance the same. Compensation is below fair (considering hours and expectations in peak times). 401k policy is weak.

5165 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Associate

Former Employee - Associate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at PwC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I got to work with amazing clients. The work was really amazing. I was on an IPO and got to go through the process and it has propelled my career.

Cons

Long hours but always valuable learning experience. Long hours but the teams was nice. Long hours but I could order anything I wanted for dinner.

Temp

Current Employee - Temp in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Temp in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at PwC as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Mature, free environment. It will suit souls who relish freedom in an office environment. You take control of your work and time.

- Although most accountants look rather gloomy, they are generally nice people. Of 4 supervisors, 3 have been mostly patient and nice towards the temps. The other is also nice, but may be a little impatient. Isn't really a con since it is all down to individuals.

- Occasional events boost staff morale

- People are generally in smiles away from work, but serious and focussed when needed to

- People are also generally good looking, if that helps. lol.

- OT pays are high thus they often enforce that we leave on time. Yay work life balance! (even most regular staff do leave strict, and it is a good sight, really)

Cons

- Relative to KPMG, I heard the temps there actually get to do basic accounting jobs after going through a week of training. Here in PwC we handle strictly admin work (low-high level).

- Came across some office politics and i was rather shocked. Albeit only one incident, for them to speak ill of their colleague in front of a temp comes across as rather demoralising. Then again, which office doesn't play its politics?

Can do more to open up to staff. Yes office hours are for work, but a little socialising in the office makes for a whole lot of productivity.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC