There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Great Place to Start a Career

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA (US)
Former Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at PwC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You really do get a chance to work with some of the brightest people from around the world at PwC. I was never at a loss for someone to lend a hand or help me understand a new concept.

Cons

It really is a meat grinder, but that is true of all of the Big 4 accounting firms. The hours are no joke and there really aren't "busy seasons" any more. You just work all the time all year long.

5221 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Not a bad place to start your career, but work isn't particularly meaningful.

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- While culture varies by office, you can usually find a smart, ambitious, and fun group of people
    - It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting
    - Cover the cost of CPA review class and all society fees (I believe this is the industry standard)

Cons

- You are not compensated well for you time (in all fairness, they are competitive with industry norms, it's an industry wide problem)
    - Work life balance is atrocious at lower levels, it doesn't seem to ever be that great
    - They try to sell you that you will be working with the best and the birghtest, but that is just not the case. Time and time again people get promoted based on tenure rather than merit.
    - The work is not particularly meaningful. It is difficult to find opportunities where you can truly add value
    - There is a blackbox around ratings and promotions. The firm is making an effort to demystify the process, but it is difficult to differentiate an average individual from the next level performer

- Rather than trying to stay competitive with the market place, try being a market leader in terms of compensation and benefits if you want to retain top talent

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is plenty of young people, and this is a good thing for a young guy who starts in consulting

Cons

I definitely do not find any kind of pro in this kind of job and position. You do not even get paid for extra hours

There are newer employer reviews for PwC