Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Great place to work with talented people

Cons

Working environment , somtimes pressure to perform is high

Have more open discussions with people on Ground

Other Reviews for Qualcomm

Qualcomm is an overall good company to work for, just make sure you end up in the right group...

Former Employee - Intern  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Qualcomm

Pros

The company offers good benefits, and a good compensation. The people are nice and the working atmosphere is pleasant. Qualcomm likes to emphasize on balancing work life and hobbies. There are nice events organized for employees. I think it is a great place to work for when you have a family. Your working hours are also very flexible.

Cons

Big company, can feel lost sometimes as an intern. I worked in two different groups. I hated the first one but really liked the second one. Your experience depends a LOT on your group (and therefore your manager too). I did not learn much in my first group but learned a lot in my second group in a shorter period of time.

Really depends... first manager did not care about me. Second manager was awesome.

Heading into a new corporate life-phase

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

The benefits are very good, and reviews are 360 and regular as clockwork, with raises and bonus usually following. Non-cubicle environments for the most part. Nice facilities and amenities. Wicked smart people in core areas. Truly global in makeup and perspective. Technological leadership and market gorilla status. Relatively flat hierarchy and accessible management.

Cons

There's a cultural tendency towards empire building and slow responsiveness in dealing with nonperforming products and personnel. Seems stricken and hobbled sometimes by competing/conflicting business interests internally. Mediocrity seems tolerated in some areas because of the cash pouring in from licensing royalties. Over-bureaucratized an over-lawyered to a degree that is reflected in the products sometimes.

Consider 20% time like Google has--you have a lot of smart people who would make good use of it. Try spinning off new ventures at a pace that matches your acquisitions.

There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm.

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!