Quintiles
www.quintiles.com Durham, NC 5000+ Employees

Contract Pharmaceutical Sales

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Quintiles full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood alternative for experienced sales reps who are having challenges landing a position directly with a pharmaceutical manufacturer. Good Salary and good benefits in comparison to other outside sales positions in other industries. Contract Pharmaceutical Sales is where the Pharmaceutical Industry is heading. It is more cost efficient and give pharmaceutical manufacturers more flexibility hiring a contract sales organization like Quintiles. Quintiles has sales contract with 15/20 of the largest pharmaceutical organizations worldwide.

Usually sales resp get car allowance rather than a company car. If a sales rep performs well for a manufacturer, there is usually some opportunities to get hired on directly.

ConsDepending on the contract, you might have two managers. One for Quintiles, and one for the manufacturer you represent. Sometimes the manufacturer treats you as one of their own, other times they treat you like an ugly step child. It really depends on the contract.
Salary is usually about 10-15% less than what you can make working directly for a manufacturer. Not as much job security because even though there is a contract term, it can be cancelled whenever the manufacturer chooses.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter a sales contract is ended, the contract organization should do more to secure new positions for their quality sales reps.

A good place to work

Medical Writer (Current Employee)
Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Quintiles full-time for more than a year

Pros: This is a place were I enjoy to work Cons: The salary is less competitive than others in pharma industry Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company

Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Quintiles full-time for more than a year

Pros: Excellent Training and mentoring from everyone. Cons: Seriously travelled a lot. At least 75% Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Quintiles.

Worked for Quintiles? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quintiles reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Quintiles CEO Tom Pike. All reviews posted anonymously by Quintiles employees.