A good place to work

Current Employee - Medical Writer in Madrid (Spain)
Current Employee - Medical Writer in Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Quintiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a place were I enjoy to work

Cons

The salary is less competitive than others in pharma industry

reviews filtered by
  1. Typical of contract pharmaceutical sales work

Current Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Quintiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the contract work employees. Being that we're all in the same boat, we could sympathize with one another about not being totally accepted by the host pharma company's employee counter parts. Management hands off. It was great.

Cons

Misrepresentation of earnings potential in sales and realities of the Boston territory which is the worst in the nation. Maybe they assumed we had done our homework. But I had never worked in MA and bad just recently moved there

Advice to Management

Contract work is what is. No complaints except on the host side of the pharma company

Contract Pharmaceutical Sales

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Quintiles full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good alternative for experienced sales reps who are having challenges landing a position directly with a pharmaceutical manufacturer. Good Salary and good benefits in comparison to other outside sales positions in other industries. Contract Pharmaceutical Sales is where the Pharmaceutical Industry is heading. It is more cost efficient and give pharmaceutical manufacturers more flexibility hiring a contract sales organization like Quintiles. Quintiles has sales contract with 15/20 of the largest pharmaceutical organizations worldwide.

Usually sales resp get car allowance rather than a company car. If a sales rep performs well for a manufacturer, there is usually some opportunities to get hired on directly.

Cons

Depending on the contract, you might have two managers. One for Quintiles, and one for the manufacturer you represent. Sometimes the manufacturer treats you as one of their own, other times they treat you like an ugly step child. It really depends on the contract.
    Salary is usually about 10-15% less than what you can make working directly for a manufacturer. Not as much job security because even though there is a contract term, it can be cancelled whenever the manufacturer chooses.

Advice to Management

After a sales contract is ended, the contract organization should do more to secure new positions for their quality sales reps.