There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Raytheon is decent.

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Tucson, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth within the company. A lot of the managers here are good at teaching new things and new processes to people with less experience. My coworkers are friendly and there is a really good team atmosphere. The tools used at work are very helpful. Overall, I enjoy working with my team and working under my current department.

Cons

The work atmosphere can be competitive at times in terms of dealing with other people in similar positions. Sometimes you have to work late hours and long days. Overall, sometimes task can become tedious and mundane.

Listen to the employees more.

1494 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA (US)

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Exposure to various technologies that are not immediately related to my academic studies. They've given me on-the-job training, just about everything I need to be successful at what I do. They're paying for my graduate studies, certifications, and all other related technical training external to the company.

Cons

Management doesn't give much feedback and is often too busy to respond to simple requests such as those for tools necessary to do work (e.g., logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, waveform generators, multimeters, etc.)

Need more feedback. More often, not just when it's required by management above senior management!

Struggling to find a consistent identity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Solid company, diversified within the defense industry. As long as the military and intelligence agencies are funded, Raytheon will do well. Regardless of how they try, Raytheon IIS is STILL and engineering company. salaries for non-management technical jobs are very good. Raytheon IIS is making a concerted effort to recruit executive talent from outside IIS and even outside Raytheon. So, at least they recognize one of the issues.

Cons

management (non-executive) salaries tend to be a bit less than local market competitors. Raytheon IIS is still rooted in E-Systems culture. If you're not part of the good ol' boy E-Systems network, your opportunities to advance into senior management are less than those on the inside. Management is Garland, TX centric. Most organizational decisions are made with Garland, TX benefits in mind. If you work in another location, that attitude can be a challenge. Negative feedback from management is always available, but positive feedback generally only comes when requested or at semi annual reviews.

Pay attention to your middle managers. They are the people who are taking care of your technical resources, and hopefully will be the ones that you reward with promotions to upper management. One doesn't have to live in Garland to be successful.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon