Raytheon

www.raytheon.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Raytheon is decent.

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Tucson, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth within the company. A lot of the managers here are good at teaching new things and new processes to people with less experience. My coworkers are friendly and there is a really good team atmosphere. The tools used at work are very helpful. Overall, I enjoy working with my team and working under my current department.

Cons

The work atmosphere can be competitive at times in terms of dealing with other people in similar positions. Sometimes you have to work late hours and long days. Overall, sometimes task can become tedious and mundane.

Listen to the employees more.

1606 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA (US)

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Exposure to various technologies that are not immediately related to my academic studies. They've given me on-the-job training, just about everything I need to be successful at what I do. They're paying for my graduate studies, certifications, and all other related technical training external to the company.

Cons

Management doesn't give much feedback and is often too busy to respond to simple requests such as those for tools necessary to do work (e.g., logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, waveform generators, multimeters, etc.)

Need more feedback. More often, not just when it's required by management above senior management!

Raytheon a safe place to grow old if you want to follow the leader.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Benefits, pay for higher level of education.

Cons

No continuity for changes of position. Company is growing at a rapid pace but transition of informtion is not well thought out from a work load and training of new employees.

The mentor program is OK. Need a stronger connection between old and new people/employee base. Processes is very important but in maintaning processes it sometimes eliminate new ideas and a different way of thinking. Employees should encourage to think outside of the box and not always in black and white.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon