RealNetworks
www.realnetworks.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A crusade not a career

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at RealNetworks

ProsPlenty of opportunity to move up and a great environment to learn. Work is fast paced and constantly changing.

ConsWork to the bone. The environments are so poorly thought out they might as well be held together with duck tape and bailing wire. Very little communication from management. It’s a lot like working on a film set. It’s really pretty from the outside but there’s nothing behind the building facades.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with your teams. Focus more on forward facing improvements to existing products. Help encourage a better work life balance.

Turn the ship around Real!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at RealNetworks

Pros: - good location - flexible - work hard and it's recognized Cons: - management's eyes were off the ball. Contract employees… Advice to Senior Management: - focus in before you focus out, but do it… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Too Bad Real Comes Up Short

I have been working at RealNetworks

Pros: Some smart people, good location, generous vacation policy, decent benefits, okay work/life… Cons: Real has suffered from a lack of focus for years and an unwillingness to either shut down or adequately support marginal business units. They… Advice to Senior Management: Be more up front with employees about the challenges and opportunities ahead. Communicate the plan to ramp down the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on RealNetworks.

Worked for RealNetworks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RealNetworks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RealNetworks CEO Rob Glaser. All reviews posted anonymously by RealNetworks employees.