There are newer employer reviews for Regions Financial

Steady career with great benefits, however advancement opportunities are few.

Current Employee - Branch Team Leader in Jackson, TN (US)
Current Employee - Branch Team Leader in Jackson, TN (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits for all aspects of employee's financial life. Time off is great with 11 vacation days, 10 holidays, and 12 sick days/ year starting out. Regions is very good about arranging a transfer if you need to move so they can retain your experience and training. Advanced technology makes working more efficient than working with a Community Bank.

Cons

Path for advancement is very unclear. The branch you work at and the opportunities (amount of customer traffic) make all the difference in how much money you will make and how long it will take to get promoted.

Stop setting unrealistic "stretch" goals that dishearten employees. Pay tellers more to reduce employee churn and create a more stable customer service environment. for customers. Increase bonuses for all employees when branch goals are met rather than just paying managers huge bonuses and hardly anything else to the rest of the staff who is otherwise very uncaring if goals are met since they receive very little compensation.

390 Other Employee Reviews for Regions Financial (View Most Recent)

Somewhat decent place to work

Current Employee - Analyst in Birmingham, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ethical Staff, Good city, Work life balance accecptable

Cons

Pay and internal dynamics limit growth opportunities

The most stressful and demanding job EVER!

Former Employee - Branch Team Leader
    Former Employee - Branch Team Leader

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The health insurance is phenomenal! I am convinced it is the only reason people stay employed with this company.

Cons

I could name a million reasons not to work here. Where should I begin? Let see, upper management doesn't care about you. They have a "what have you done for me lately?" mentality. You never really have a set schedule if you work in an actual branch. You work as early as 7am and as late as 7:30 pm. Should I mention the call nights? Lets not forget that you're also going to work on Saturdays. Also, you're alway worried about losing your job if you don't make sales goals.

Invest in retaining your people!

There are newer employer reviews for Regions Financial