They lie! It's all about the profit. Not about the patient.

Current Employee - Physical Therapist  in  Chicago, IL (US)
Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at RehabCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hmmm. Trying to think......still thinking, okay, none.

Cons

Oh my gosh where to start? This company is unethical, greedy and unprofessional. Lets start with unrealistic productivity expectations. Management tells you what the productivity must be, but are not around to show you how to do it. And why? Productivity demands are ridiclous, and unethical. Software program for evaluations is ridiculously redundent. How many times do we have to rewrite the long term goals without being able to cut and paste? How is that saving time? Horrible training. Horrible tech support. No respect for experience or salary rate in buyout situation. Lowballing pay for the evaluating therapists and paying the therapy aides the COTAs and PTAs a little bit over market rate is their game. Managment poorly trained on many aspects, training does not jive with what is in writing in their handbooks. Despite record profits management cut 401k matching. Petty and cheap. They are being investigated by the State Department for kickbacks in state of Missouri. This is an unethical, greedy, profit hungry company. STAY AWAY IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU.

Stop treating your therapists like dogs.

Other Reviews for RehabCare

No complaints, good support from corporate.

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant

I have been working at RehabCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Provide clinical support and educational tools. Provide up to date equipment and tools needed to be a productive clinician. Flexible and comfotable work environment, good communication.

Cons

Expected to provide excellent care while maintaining high productivity. Productivity seems at times to be more important than quality of care. Expected to do point of service documentation, very difficult in a skilled nursing facility especially when treating patients with mental illness that require total attention.

Publically traded rehab is never about patients

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at RehabCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay ...and time off

Cons

Unrealistic productivity expectations, horrible paperwork, limited computer billing and poor management honestly. This company honestly doesn't care about the patients or employees its all about the dollar and have no respect for the system. We treat every patient that comes into the building whether or not they need therapy. If we feel a patient is ready to be discharged they switch therapist to keep them on longer. Med B patients seen thousands over the cap ..I wish that Mediare would start to audit companies that constant flex day 5 to get a high rug. I know why the system is the way it is and I know why the cap stays in place and it should!

Doesn't really have that much clinical experience so is unrealistic to what we do. Sorry but I do not think sitting in front of a patient writing a note is billable time but it is...

There are newer employer reviews for RehabCare.

Worked for RehabCare? Contribute to the Community!