Collaboration, more like Isolation

Current Employee - FPA Manager  in  New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - FPA Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Revlon full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The pay is competitive compared to other similar firms.
- They try to work to provide employees with a work-life balance.
- International company with a strong brand.

Cons

- Most of the work provided is mundane and repetitive. There is no real innovation at the company. Known to be a status quo company.
- Employee advancement is ridiculously limited. I met employees who have worked for the company for 35 years are still Senior Analyst and have not been provided the opportunity to move up within the firm.
- The company has a strategy of working separately and then throwing the separate parts together to create the product. There is not much collaboration between the departments in the company to create more innovative ideas to help grow the company.
- Honestly, I hear employees spend more time complaining about working for the company than actually doing work for the company. It's the saddest form of productivity ineffectiveness I have ever seen.
- Management is good at selling the company and its positions, but the pitch is a lot stronger than what they have to actually offer. A company with a brand this strong cant crack the Fortune 1000, there is a reason for that. Not where you want to be.

Groom and grow. Stop picking people from other companies that have no idea about your product and strategies. Also pay closer attention to your current employees and reevaluate their effectiveness and cut the fat. Get younger, and innovate. Stop being status quo. Don't believe me look at their financials for the last 5 years, always between 1.0-1.3B

Other Reviews for Revlon

Used to be a lot of opportunity in field sales,, now not so much

I worked at Revlon full-time

Pros

Company with a well known name and reputation as leader in the industry

Cons

Less opportunities for advancement now.

Long history of decline - hope it's improved since I've left, as they have great brands.

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Revlon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beauty category is a fun space, when you get to spend time on the brand, marketing and new product innovation. There are some great individual people there, if you look.

Cons

While I was there, it seemed management would always operate with tied hands, answering to majority shareholder who lacks ability to manage the company. We spent too much time on non-value added tasks, nothing to do with marketing, brands, or consumer - e.g. reformatting spreadsheets based on who's in charge that day.

Bring in experienced brand marketers with success running and turning around businesses - and let them do what they do best. Hold on to the best talent by keeping them happy and creating a positive, open culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Revlon.

Worked for Revlon? Contribute to the Community!