Reynolds American
www.reynoldsamerican.com Winston-Salem, NC 5000+ Employees

Former employee - Retail Rep in 90s and TMAS Analyst in late 2000s

TMAS Analyst (Former Employee)
Winston-Salem, NC (US)

I worked at Reynolds American full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe pay and benefits are great, no doubt about that. While in the field it's a great company in that you get a company car and some autonomy/less micro-management.

ConsIn the Home Office there are constant political games and backstabbing going on. All the managers are jockeying for position and the rest of the workers are just trying to hang on. There are CONSTANT changes in what Senior Management claims they are trying to do and, in reality, they usually have no idea as to what is going on below them. The moral is exceptionally bad and the chances for promotion are very, very poor unless you become a favourite of some manager, look good, are young (new grad preferably)...and preferably all of the above.
There is little, if any, respect for Senior Management as they have no idea at all just how poor the moral is or how hopeless a great many of the employees actually feel.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what is happening in your own company instead of just focusing on your next six or seven figure bonus.

Great if coming out of College

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Reynolds American

Pros: Great Benefits, great benefits, great benefits Cons: Everything but the benefits, the upper management is terrible. Advice to Senior Management: Quit promoting kiss asses and start promoting people who do… More

This is a great company to work for, but at times can be overwhelming. The benefits make up for it.

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time

Pros: The benefits that the company offers Cons: The time spent on work after 5:00pm. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Reynolds American.

Worked for Reynolds American? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reynolds American reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reynolds American CEO Daniel M. Delen. All reviews posted anonymously by Reynolds American employees.