Riot Games

www.riotgames.com
  www.riotgames.com
There are newer employer reviews for Riot Games

If you like building Software, then RiotGames is an awesome place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Riot Games full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A flat organization, engineering driven culture.
- The company rewards risk takers that deliver awesome experience for our players.
- I get to have an impact on millions of players, how cool is that?
- I work with smart, passionate people. They make me a better engineer and developer and I am constantly trying to keep my skills sharp to keep up. I love it!

Cons

- The flip side of a flat organization is a bit of chaos. A bit of chaos can drive innovation, but sometimes it is a bit much. We're working on it.
- We need to improve our ability to create processes that help us build our game better and reduce errors in our pipeline.

166 Other Employee Reviews for Riot Games (View Most Recent)

An exciting place to go to work everyday

Current Employee - Technical Analyst  in  Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I have been working at Riot Games full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fast paced environment where you don't have to be stuck doing the same thing every day
    - Lots of opportunity to pursue areas you are passionate about, not just what your job title is
    - Riot is a place where you can really step in and make an impact, regardless of your level
    - Everyone is aligned on the company's goal: To be the most player-centered game company in the world.

Cons

- Lack of organization can sometimes cause headaches when trying to work across teams

Best job I have ever had

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Riot Games full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the best job I have ever had by a long shot. I love working with such passionate, intelligent and fun people! The work is challenging and interesting and the sky is the limit in terms of personal and company growth. There is a growth path for everyone in the company that works hard. Rioters have the choice to contribute as an individual or grow into a leadership role, it’s up to each person – even the hiring and recruiting process is open for involvement. I was brought in as an engineer and now have been able to build and lead a team!

The perks are great too – we do a lot of fun activities (e.g. movies, baseball games, weekend getaways, paintball, etc.). There is a great coffee machine and a kegerator at the St. Louis office :-D and travel perks include traveling to other Riot offices across the globe.

Overall, a great place to work!

Cons

Honestly, not many cons come to mind. As with many companies that have experienced the amount of growth that Riot has in such a short time, we have growing pains such as the accumulation of tech debt. The tech debt is understood and being addressed.

There are newer employer reviews for Riot Games

Worked for Riot Games? Contribute to the Community!