There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins

Good start-up company.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good place to gain experience and prepare for a career elsewhere. Most young and talented people are using this as a stepping stone. Most leave within 3 to 5 years. Blame it on the weather? ;)

Cons

good benefits, excellent balance between life and work, time for everything

do not wait for promotion, get yourself one by finding another job, or switching job titles within the company. It is easier, faster, and above all more profitable to transfer to different job title than to gain Sr. title.

626 Other Employee Reviews for Rockwell Collins (View Most Recent)

Aviation Geeks' Dream Engineering Job

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Wilsonville, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Wilsonville, OR (US)

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full of talented, passionate people. Lots of people have been there 10, 20+ years. I think everyone is there because they love what they do. A culture of excellence and improvement. Generous pay and benefits.

Cons

As with any company in the aviation industry there is a lot of process. This is as it should be for the safety required. I'm rather type-A myself and don't mind it, but the amount of process is not for everyone.

Not a good experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Poway, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA (US)

I worked at Rockwell Collins full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I made a couple of good friends and worked with a couple of people I liked and respected.

Cons

Poway management was horrific, didn't listen to employees when they voice issues with management, released employees under less than honest reasoning, upper management is narrow-minded. Started as a small company and maintained the clique mentality of "newcomers not welcome".

Get rid of most of your managers in Poway and get real ones...people that aren't engineers and have some people skills. Listen to what your staff is saying. Walk the walk and talk the talk. Show your staff you mean what you say and are really working to improve. Don't sit in your office with your door closed and expect things to change.

There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins

Worked for Rockwell Collins? Contribute to the Community!