There are newer employer reviews for Rosetta Resources

OK

Current Employee - Geoscientist  in  Denver, CO (US)
Current Employee - Geoscientist in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Rosetta Resources

Pros

OK in Denver- Decent employees, some good technical people. Denver is the step child , if you like that kind of environment great

Cons

They pit the Denver office against the Houston office- this is not a sports team. Too much nepotism in their work force

No structure to the ratings system. No structure to the career ladder- is their one. If you kiss ass- well it might work for you their

Rosetta Resources Response

Sep 24, 2014Recruitment and Development Supervisor

Since this was written Rosetta no longer has a Denver office. Since I have been here I have not seen this behavior between the Houston office and our field offices.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Rosetta Resources (View Most Recent)

Employee Rosetta

Current Employee - Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Rosetta Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Staff Level team is in general excellent, working together to bring value to the company.

Cons

There are few bad apples, unfortunately, these bad apples are most often "promoted to their level of incompetence"

The company was recently split into an Eagleford and Permian division. Additional layers of management were added, and employees were promoted based on the "buddy" connection, not on ability. A number of talented employees left after the split, and the company is suffering for it, shown on our balance sheets and poor projections.

Have a peer review system in place when promoting. Management should touch base with the staff level occasionally, and not just use mid-managers as intermediaries.

Rapidly growing company that really cares about its employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Rosetta Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule. The company shows its appreciation for employees through celebrations, awards, and nice offiice ammenities.

Cons

Tenure with the company is low due to rapid growth and some turnover early on, which causes knowledge transfer issues and impacts how quickly we can execute on actitives sometimes as it is often new territory for those involved.

Continue to reward and appreciate employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Rosetta Resources

Worked for Rosetta Resources? Contribute to the Community!