Ross Stores
www.rossstores.com Pleasanton, CA 5000+ Employees

Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Ross Stores full-time

ProsWork with a diverse group of people and customers depending on demographics.

ConsLow wages, no drug testing, revolving door with mgmt/upper mgmt, no loyalty to quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen growing a company. The company needs to maintain control from corporate to store level. If the company loses touch with this. Then the integrity of the company as a whole is effected. Maybe not in the short term but in the long term, the effects can be drastic!

A slow decline

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ross Stores part-time

Pros: Three times a year the employee discount of 20% is doubled. You will… Cons: Low pay (obviously). Practically non-existent benefits if you're part-time - and if you're not management you will be part-time. This company defines the word "tightwad".… Advice to Senior Management: Free up some money from the budget so the stores can run more smoothly. And remember that operations-level people are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Enjoyable at first.

I have been working at Ross Stores

Pros: Good hours when its busy, good if you want them/need… Cons: But once christmas is done no hours through out the… More

There are newer reviews on Ross Stores.

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ross Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ross Stores CEO Michael A. Balmuth. All reviews posted anonymously by Ross Stores employees.