There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Great

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Tampa, FL (US)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

salary, potential for upward mobility

Cons

Intense work schedule during high visibility projects. Contracts expire, must stay flexible and aware of your own career path

retain solid talent, even if it means some overhead expense. Trustworthy employees are invaluable

1114 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

We are one...SAIC

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tuition reimbursement and fair layoff practices

Cons

Laid off, with a lot more to come

Communication was lacking

Not a bad company to work for

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company does try to boost morale and take care of its employees. The leadership would often buy food to bring in to their employees. There were company get-togethers and happy hours to allow employees spread across many offices to meet and mingle with their co-workers. The compensation package was fair and they really tried to work with employees when they needed extra time off, or had a family emergency.

Cons

After completing the hiring process my recruiter asked me for a good start date. I asked for two weeks as I needed to put my notice in at my previous employer. She said that would be perfect. Unfortunately, after my two weeks were up the company still did not have a start date for me. Six weeks after I left my previous employer I went to a job fair and spoke to a hiring manager regarding the fact that if I didn't get a start date soon I would have to find other employment. He didn't seem to even know my name, despite being the hiring manager for my position and the point of contact that the recruiter had given me. It took another four weeks before I finally started. I had expected delays, but there was little communication to let me know what was going on. I would like to believe that this was a fluke, but I have spoken to others who had the same problem.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!