There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

I Am Interchangabe & Disposible Cog in the Machine

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Tulsa, OK (US)
Former Employee - Engineer in Tulsa, OK (US)

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The SEE&I division has a variety of architecture and engineering projects. They work with on federal (DoD & GSA) projects, state government projects, and private sector projects. The projects are commercial, industrial, institutional and multi-unit residential buildings, civil works, and DoD specific projects.

Cons

The quality of a project is not a top concern. Management would rather blame all of the design professionals on a given project for an error rather than address the source of the error. Project managers are more converned about the ease of reporduction rather than following the engineering licensure laws and regulations of the various states. They are seen as "helpful suggestions" which can be ignored when inconvient. Management is unwilling to adress personnel who do not meet the standard of care for their profession and constantly produce documents which have errors and/or are unbildable. Management does not communicate with the professionals producing the designs until there are cost overruns or design errors.

Take resposibility for your design contracts. Do nit just keep incompetnet people because you need a warm body to produce work. Value the professionals who do a good job instead of treating them like a inconivent number.

1123 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Wealth of knowledge of what to and what not to do for ITSM implementation

Current Employee - IT Service Management Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - IT Service Management Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Consulting Services with extensive background and resources

Cons

Original assessment and underbid of project lead to issues with execution

Do not cut corners on assessment, Stakeholder input, and lack of resourcing.

Not what I thought it would be

Current Employee - Help Desk Technician  in  Oak Ridge, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Oak Ridge, TN (US)

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

During these tough times...it is a job. You've gotta do what you gotta do and work where you gotta work.

Cons

Your "Lunch Schedule" time or hour changes every day.
    You take about 50-60 calls every day. You are allowed 2 -- 15 minute breaks, but you have to check in with the Tier 2 before going on break. Oh and only 1 person is allowed to be on break at 1 time...so good luck trying to go to the restroom if you have to ...well you know.....
    Employee turnover is very high...a lot of people are quitting because they are tired of the nonsense, because they are being screamed and yelled at by team leads.
    Everyone agrees that we are not paid fairly for the amount of work that we do and for the stuff that we have to put up with.
    You start out on a 6 month contract making $11.36/hour. You are told that you are going to be brought on full time, but 6 months goes by and then a year has went by and now it has been about 1.5 years and you are still on contract with a temp agency. Luckily or maybe I should say unfortunately when you are brought on / hired on full time by the company then you will get an $0.80 cent raise. So you will be making the big money at $12.16/hour instead of working for nothing at $11.36/hour.
    Also as a contracted temp, you will NOT receive holiday pay. If you do work a holiday you will not get extra pay for it. It will just make up your regular hours for the week.

Learn how to manage people...Treat people with RESPECT...Treat people as adults

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!